• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please critique the fit of my new suit

Caesar Augustus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Greenduck
Okay, I think we've been focusing enough on the hair, haha
smile.gif
Should have put a smiley on top... But a little late for "should have"
smile.gif

The hair
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

Greenduck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
Out of curiosity, do you plan on wearing this to a night club (Sorry, couldn't resist, look at the first page of threads in Men's Clothing for the reference
tongue.gif
)

Let's see... Eh...NO!!!
smile.gif
I've seen the thread...

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit is great. I'd shorten the sleeves a bit more. However, I'm not the biggest fan of the styling. You have a big head ( I do too, so I pay attention to that) and the smaller lapels are just not flattering it. The suit looks great, but it would look even better if the lapels were wider.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not bad for RTW.

Whilst braces are good, these trousers are not suitable - belt loops and somewhat too tight. Need to be slightly more relaxed in seat and thighs.

Opermann

Reaction score
Shoulders a bit small, button stance too high perhaps. Sleeves a little long. Otherwise ok.

reachforit108

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Opermann
Shoulders a bit small, button stance too high perhaps. Sleeves a little long. Otherwise ok.
+1 on the button stance - maybe a bit high. and, as everyone else said, the sleeves should be taken up a bit. not too bad of a fit though.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back is to long. You can see it hanging up at the waist. To shorten the back it is done at the shoulder. Doing so will slightly drop the front down into its correct position.

Martin Stall

Reaction score
Actually Greger, I beg to differ. It's hard to tell from pics and the offset is very slight, but it seems to me the back tends towards being too short. If you look at the side view you can see the fold wanting to run up to the top. I think the hanging in the waist you mention, is the back being a bit too small on the hips, so the coat sits on the hips. That's also shown by the vents kicking out a bit.

Can I have my Pedantism trophy now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads