• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pie? Or Cake? A Poll

Which is better?

• Pie, you flippin' communist

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Cake, you rube

Votes: 27 48.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, frosting is delicious. I love frosting. The problem is the cake pales in comparison. I just want it to get out of the way and deliver the frosting to my mouth. Which means, to me, that it is inferior--I don't like it except as a transport mechanism. Pie, I like the whole thing. Ergo, pie is better.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I mean, frosting is delicious. I love frosting. The problem is the cake pales in comparison. I just want it to get out of the way and deliver the frosting to my mouth. Which means, to me, that it is inferior--I don't like it except as a transport mechanism. Pie, I like the whole thing. Ergo, pie is better.

clearly, you have never had a cook cake in your lief. i feel for you, bro.

as well, you know who else loves only the frosting? 5 year old children. when your palate matures, you will being to see the truth.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

nice try sstitch. but try "would you liek some cheesecake in your pie-hole?"

nicely done.

btw, cheesecake is more pie than cake.
very good cake is very good, but very good pie is the ultimate - there can be no better dessert
Cheesecake is pie in spirit if not in name. It's a dense, rich filling. Definitely wouldn't consider it cake.

cheesecake is cake. that it is why it has the word cake in it.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

cheesecake is cake. that it is why it has the word cake in it.

"cheesey cream pie" just has a nasty ring to it. Hence cheesecake.

in reality, a cheesecake is more of a custard but made with cream cheese. The inclusion of a crust lends itself more to pie than cake (kind of like why pumpkin pie is not called pumpkin cake)

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pie is more reliable -- have you ever had a bad pie? -- but is not capable of transcendant greatness like cake. So my answer depends on how good the cake is.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Pie is more reliable -- have you ever had a bad pie?

Pie is only more reliable if you grade on the most generous curve ever conceived. Most pie is crappy. Soggy, tasteless crust. Overly sweet filling. Ugh, that **** is foul.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Pie is only more reliable if you grade on the most generous curve ever conceived. Most pie is crappy. Soggy, tasteless crust. Overly sweet filling. Ugh, that **** is foul.

And most cake is what? Tasteless and dry cake from a box recipe and disgusting sweet duncan hines icing from a plastic container. Plus everybody is putting ****** things on top of the cake, like outdated sprinkles and pictures of whichever asshole is having the birthday.

No thanks.

Pie, on the other hand, still has it's dignity.

Chocolate Bourbon Walnut Pie

Pecan pie

Chicken Pot Pie

Pizza Pie

Pie charts

By every available metric pie is superiour to cake.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"cheesey cream pie" just has a nasty ring to it. Hence cheesecake.
in reality, a cheesecake is more of a custard but made with cream cheese. The inclusion of a crust lends itself more to pie than cake (kind of like why pumpkin pie is not called pumpkin cake)

1. some here would very much like that name. LIKE YOU! no hate

2. truly awesome cheesecake is made with more than just cream cheese and might have awesome nuts or berries (maybe cheesy cream pie is a good name after all) in it too.

3. the crust should be only on the bottom, so not pie-like at all. unlike pumpkin pie that has crust on the sides too.

basically, i think cheesecake is its own thing, and is far superior to either cake or pie. thus i must conclude poal phail, and this poal is invalid.

i would say to start a new thread, but that is not necessary. cheesecake is the winner.

re: potential for cake or pie fail - there are tons of horrible pies and cakes out there. both need to be done properly or they are tuuurrrrrble.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't reason with you, Stitchy. You're too far gone.

[COLOR=FF00AA]CAKE[/COLOR]

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Its non-cakeness is self-evident, but my assessment of its desirability does, indeed, reflect my taste in food.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads