• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phat Guido's Mystery Tailor Revealed!

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I wonder how the tailors themselves feel about this concealment?

chuffed to bits!
laugh.gif

Deipnosophist

Reaction score
Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that something is amiss with this little clique. Every individual poster - from yfyf to PG to maomao - is a great contributor, and yet as a group they seem to become almost pretentious.

PG's earlier claim that they were moving on from Chan because there were too many people from the forum on their client list struck me as an incredibly immature decision for a group of grown men to reach. You're going to deny a tailor with whom you have built up a relationship further custom simply because people from this forum use it? Does that not seem a little...pathetic?

And the very use of the term "Mystery Tailor" is such an attention-seeking cry-for-help that it only compounds the immaturity seen elsewhere. I wish I could understand why people at least 10 years older than me feel compelled to act as if they are 10 years younger than me, but each to their own, I guess.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deipnosophist
Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that something is amiss with this little clique. Every individual poster - from yfyf to PG to maomao - is a great contributor, and yet as a group they seem to become almost pretentious.

PG's earlier claim that they were moving on from Chan because there were too many people from the forum on their client list struck me as an incredibly immature decision for a group of grown men to reach. You're going to deny a tailor with whom you have built up a relationship further custom simply because people from this forum use it? Does that not seem a little...pathetic?

And the very use of the term "Mystery Tailor" is such an attention-seeking cry-for-help that it only compounds the immaturity seen elsewhere. I wish I could understand why people at least 10 years older than me feel compelled to act as if they are 10 years younger than me, but each to their own, I guess.

Manifestation of SF group think in real life...

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you failed to read the comments by us correctly. Most of it were just jokes, perhaps inside jokes that shouldn't have been posted in public. we are obviously not moving away from Chan, why would we be there in the first place if that were true? Anyway, this post was just poking a bit of fun, nothing more, nothing less.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by walneal
They knew that so they didnt do you the initial in Chinese character
We wore the same belt today
devil.gif

- ha ha

Originally Posted by gazman70k
Every @sswipe in Hong Kong has their own mystery tailor. Mine is located between a "siew mei" barbecue shop and a "me love you long time" establishment.
- yeah, the brisket is great

- oh lighten up! Can't we have fun on this forum.. Actually.. WTF have you contributed?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

well, the truth is out there!

Deipnosophist

Reaction score
Apologies if I came across a bit aggressively, the idea just doesn't sit right with me. I won't get involved again.

69clyde

Reaction score
Apologies if I came across a bit aggressively, the idea just doesn't sit right with me. I won't get involved again.
Don't let these douchebags bully you out of having an opinion and a voice. For posters to say "what have you contributed?" or "if you don't post pictures then you can't critique" is bullshit and they are fascist fashionista's. Post all you want.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

Look at it this way: if the tailor is unknown, it forces all reaction on the clothes themselves.

The brands on this forum are known in 99.9% of the cases, and having 0.1% in mystery seems rather harmless.

- B

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
The brands on this forum are known in 99.9% of the cases, and having 0.1% in mystery seems rather harmless.

- B

Not if you have a trip planned to HK and want to get some dope **** made.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakejake
There is nothing special about it.

Well maybe these jackets won't fall off his sloped shoulders. For all the fuss, the jackets didn't fit well at all.

Diavolo

Reaction score
I don't know what all the fuss is about. There appears nothing remarkable about this mystery tailor. That brown/blue windowpane jacket is pretty ordinary, the breast pocket is bizarre and the lining is standard Asian. Can someone explain what is so amazing about this guy that we all have to know how he is? I'm happy to never know.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Diavolo
I don't know what all the fuss is about. There appears nothing remarkable about this mystery tailor. That brown/blue windowpane jacket is pretty ordinary, the breast pocket is bizarre and the lining is standard Asian. Can someone explain what is so amazing about this guy that we all have to know how he is? I'm happy to never know.

I wish that I could be there when they pelt you with ramen noodles.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads