• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

brooks23

Reaction score
The Surface pants look like Proof's variant on the 60/30 chino (although more like 50/40) rather than another comparison to OGs.

dlynch635

Reaction score
Please consider before supporting Outlier.

I had purchased a pair of the Nyco Slims. They are nice pants! Build quality was really strong and seemed very durable. However after 6 months they had shrunk on me. Now they are too tight to wear comfortably. My waist and legs have not grown. At the time of buying the Nyco Slims I also got same-sized pants elsewhere. Those other pants still fit.
I emailed customer service seeing what my options were. The person merely stated that the pants don't shrink and I was beyond the 45 day return or exchange policy. I offered to ship the pants to them so they could see. She did not accept.
This was a very frustrating experience since I paid 100$ for pants that lasted 6 months for me.
I was originally attracted to outlier because they were American made. Just trying to do some ethical shopping and it bit me **********...

I do not recommend anyone support them. Instead check out Bonobos. They have a much more flexible return/exchange policy, better selection of clothing, and are American made.

Anyways, that's it! Thanks for listening :)

David

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How did you launder them? If mine shrink a size I'd be screwed. I haven't washed mine yet.

Tigerprawn

Reaction score
"Our pants don't shrink" makes zero sense because NYCO slims WILL shrink and have shrunk in my experience by a significant amount. However, that was done with intent (friend wanted them slimmer without going down a full size). Shrinking your stuff by accident, outgrowing your clothes, none of that is Outlier's fault. On top of that you're outside of the return window.

I'm really not sure what you expected them to do. Outlier has amazing customer service, has never let me down, you seem like you're asking for an Amazon or REI level return when it was never promised or available from the start.

dlynch635

Reaction score
I laundered them the way they suggested. Cold wash/tumble dry. And they were not outgrown as I've already explained. That's why I feel ripped off.

I was expecting more flexible communications with them. The "Our pants don't shrink, have a nice day" reply was not very accommodating.

Since the fabric is good quality, the pants look brand new. Good factor for an exchange, I thought...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I see. Well at least they are only $95 pants or whatever. Flip them on ebay and buy a size up. You'll loose like $30 or so which is fair wear for 6 months.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They waht???

edit: just saying because I've been wearing mine for good half year and didn't notice.

Last edited:

Tigerprawn

Reaction score
^ I had mine for a year+ and never experienced any shrink with it. Always washed cold and tumble dry low or air dry though.

aeymxq

Reaction score
I think I experienced that normal, ie extremely minimal, level of shrinkage with my slim Ds. they always loosen up sfter a bit though.

I have bern hitchhiking around the states for over 2 months now and these a re really the greatest pants I could have brought with me. climbed a lot of fences, fallen, hopped freight trains, been attacked by dogs, and there is no damage on these pants. not needing to wash them is the best. if they get dirty I will just wash that area and continue to wear them until they're dry like, 30 mins later. <3

wish I had more outlier gear though!

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have bern hitchhiking around the states for over 2 months now and these a re really the greatest pants I could have brought with me. climbed a lot of fences, fallen, hopped freight trains, been attacked by dogs

:uhoh:

SuEd

Reaction score
I think I experienced that normal, ie extremely minimal, level of shrinkage with my slim Ds. they always loosen up sfter a bit though.

I have bern hitchhiking around the states for over 2 months now and these a re really the greatest pants I could have brought with me. climbed a lot of fences, fallen, hopped freight trains, been attacked by dogs, and there is no damage on these pants. not needing to wash them is the best. if they get dirty I will just wash that area and continue to wear them until they're dry like, 30 mins later. <3

wish I had more outlier gear though!

which outlier gear would you get next?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads