• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

it's a tweed actually :)

I'm surprised to see that cramped working space, light looks very dim too. I would think the prestigious firms would take better care of their cutters? But as long as the finished product is good I suppose it does not matter much, although I would feel better myself if I knew the workspace where my garment was made was an inspiring one, or at least an ok one.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice cloth, should make up a great coat, and your tailor seems to be a nice guy. Never got the chance to get a walk-through into cutting, not that I have ever asked for. Going to ask for something similar next time I see my tailor.

Really? It was almost the first thing that happened with my tailor, got taken in to the cutting room, everyone looked up and said hello or at least acknowledged me, and it created an immediate sense of trust (as I am sure it was designed to). It really set the tone for the whole relationship, and it's nice knowing who's working on the various bits of my commissions.

BTW, they work in a very airy space with lots of natural light.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
First fitting at Liverano.

It was a great pleasure to be attended by Antonio, Taka and Kemal. I do not speak Italian so most of the communication went through Taka. Kemal was very quiet, but I'm guessing he is being trained to be the next head cutter when Antonio retires?

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First fitting at Liverano.

It was a great pleasure to be attended by Antonio, Taka and Kemal. I do not speak Italian so most of the communication went through Taka. Kemal was very quiet, but I'm guessing he is being trained to be the next head cutter when Antonio retires?

Nice one.

What kind of fabric is that?

...and another semi-indiscreet question - how tall are you? :)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Nice one.

What kind of fabric is that?

...and another semi-indiscreet question - how tall are you? :)

Thank you. I do not know the cloth, it was a cloth shown to me by Taka and I fell in love with it. I'm 200 cm tall (about 6'6") so bespoke clothing is really the only route for me if I want something to fit well. It was the reason why I got "into it" in the first place. I started, like so many others, by ways of altered RTW, followed by MTM, followed by bespoke. I wish I had went bespoke from day one, it would have saved me a lot of time, effort and $$$. :D

Last edited:

Stugotes

Reaction score
How do you like the jacket overall length and/or height of the buttoning point? I heard Liverano cuts a shorter style jacket.

Magnificent fit either way!

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How do you like the jacket overall length and/or height of the buttoning point? I heard Liverano cuts a shorter style jacket.

Magnificent fit either way!

Thx! I'm not a fan of a high bpoint so I have to pay attention to that for my second fitting, but I've never noticed it on people wearing Liverano, always looks balanced to me.

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown jacket is a very open weave jacket fabric from Caccioppoli.

I have some of this in the attic, too. I feel it could go either way as a suit or jacket -- kind of looks like a suit at a distance -- so I've hesitated to use it.

I'm 200 cm tall (about 6'6")

worship.gif
Jacket looks stunning also

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads