• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

one of the best "sartoria" of Italy

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The problem I have, is the very strange combination of double-breasted and patch pockets.

Admittedly, it might have been the customer's choice, but shouldn't a caring tailor, have talked his customer out of it?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Milan is a horrendous city.
Why would you say that? I like Milan a lot.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's a recurrent debate on this forum especially when we do receive some bespoke shoe pictures...

Is it the role of the artisan to guide the customer ? Yes...
To influence and impose his diktat? No....

First ,a real artisan likes a good challenge and new concepts,designs and ideas are challenging their skills...
Also the Bespoke world ,the made to measure is a very personalized microsociety where people are paying a lot of money to see their dreams coming true...

As a customer ,you tend to be impressed at the first visit and after you have to learn how to give directions and advices....

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
The problem I have, is the very strange combination of double-breasted and patch pockets.

Admittedly, it might have been the customer's choice, but shouldn't a caring tailor, have talked his customer out of it?

I don't see why. DB patch can be very attractive. I probably would not get it in dark worsted, but I would get (and have gotten) it in other fabrics.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm taking mrs Lasbareilles to Florence this christmas after Venice...

Last trip,i bought a Kiton after reading Style Forum..This time.......................

I'm in debtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I don't see why. DB patch can be very attractive. I probably would not get it in dark worsted, but I would get (and have gotten) it in other fabrics.

+1

Vaux_le_Vicomte

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe

The case is as follows. The decision to use patch pockets was made together with the tailor. The fabric is pure Irish linen. Under consideration of the fabric, we want to give a sporty touch to the suit. H.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaux_le_Vicomte
The case is as follows. The decision to use patch pockets was made together with the tailor. The fabric is pure Irish linen. Under consideration of the fabric, we want to give a sporty touch to the suit.
H.

You and your tailor made a good choice.

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
100% by hand minus the collar at least:

giacca3.jpg

Lapels that are 100% hand made (including padding) are a 50% extra cost option (not standard or unavailable) with Sciamat. I know this because I saw pictures with 100% hand made lapels and pictures with mostly (75%) hand made lapels with some machine stitching like in that picture on Sciamat's website (such as the picture above) and on many other websites (all of which state everything in this paragraph).

Lapels that are 100% hand made (including padding) are a 50% extra cost option (not standard or unavailable) with all of the only three branches of Caraceni worldwide that are equally true Caraceni (Augusto/Mario in Milan, Domenico/Guilio and Tommy in Rome and Ferdinando in Milan). I know this because on all of the websites for Caraceni and on many other websites I saw pictures with 100% hand made lapels and pictures with mostly (75%) hand made lapels with some machine stitching (like in that picture from Sciamat's website above). Also, all of the many miscellaneous websites state that all three of these branches of Caraceni make the lapels mostly (75%) by hand with 100% hand made lapels a 50% extra cost option (Caraceni’s websites simply state that the 100% hand made lapels are an extra cost option).

Lapels that are 100% hand made (including padding) are a 50% extra cost option (not standard or unavailable) with Nino Corvato and Raphael Raffaelli. I know this because I saw pictures with 100% hand made lapels and pictures with mostly (75%) hand made lapels with some machine stitching (like in that picture from Sciamat's website above) on many miscellaneous websites that also all state everything in this paragraph (Corvato and Raffaelli do not have their own websites).

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaux_le_Vicomte
.. both have the same problem ... the cutters and tailors are others ... so you can have a great suit if you get the right on.

Yes, but everything is exclusively done by the employees that are in house or on the premises.

Absolutely nothing is farmed out to be done by anybody anywhere off the premises or out of house (nada, zero, zilch).

In fact, all of the above is the case (it always has been and it always will be, that will never change) with all custom accessory, clothing and footwear makers throughout Italy (including Campagna and all branches of Caraceni).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads