• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
heh- have to chime in as well. reallly cute couple.

just finished exams as well- so i'll be contributing more.
smile.gif

augusto- just wondering, but do you always wear a tie to all your exams or just to school in general?

I wear a tie or a suit to my exams, yeah. Ever since I spent a few weeks at Oxford with a friend I decided I liked the tradition. And hey, I've gotten A's on all my exams since then, so it's working, right?
smile.gif

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
My $0.02: Something is off with the hat in your outfit there, but I can't put my finger on it. It looks like you're a little uncomfortable with it and it doesn't quite match the vibe of the rest of the outfit. BUT I think taken all on its own and divorced from the outfit in general, it looks good. So there's potential.
I think the hat could work with the t-shirt but it clashes with the jeans and the boots, which I think are too "hard". I can imagine a pair of loose trousers/or even drainpipes with it and low-cut sneakers, like plimsoles. But thats not Black Cherry's style at all. But I bet he'd look smashing in it.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I keep thinking there's got to be a way to wear a short-brimmed hat without looking like you're trying to be either Pete Dougherty or a jazz musician, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how. (Not that either of those are bad looks, incidentally.)

Goblin

Reaction score
I think I have about 20 more years before my face looks high-mileage enough to wear a fedora or similar hat.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
You can get away with dressing like an old guy easier if the fashion-conscious people you hang around are 4-5 years younger than you.

But then you're pretty much a cradle robber like me. It's a trade-off.

gmku

Reaction score
Most of my friends are a good 20 years younger than I am. (Yeah, I'm that old.) They're a bit conservative in dress but not as conservative as people my age, so with my slightly more adventurous attire (by standards for my age), I kind of blend with my crew.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ray Ban Fred Perry Earnest Sewn Dior
img0636lo5.jpg
img0637pd6.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I almost photoshopped "Never hide." onto that first one, but I have to get to work.
P.S. Clay Aiken
P.P.S. Those jeans look like they're made out of moleskin or something, weird.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Well, it looks like lilac from here so I guess you're fine.
smile.gif

Good point, though I may tempt fate with my purple label purple polo I'm thinking of wearing tomorrow!
devil.gif
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Have you been able to raise the relative level of dress in your office yet? You've been rockin some good looks the last few weeks.
Thanks kw! One of the guys has definitely been stepping it up lately, he's got a good fit today. Only problem is, he still wears WHITE SOCKS
censored.gif
uhoh.gif
frown.gif
with everything despite the sincere advice of his friends and loved ones. It may be time for a "sock intervention" if things don't change soon.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Black Cherry
I can't decide who's cuter in Whodini's most recent post!
inlove.gif

Okay so I bought a HAT. I decided I need to cover my melon, and ratty ballcaps aren't cutting it anymore, because I'm not like 14. I'm not sure if it works with my vaguely-defined style or if I just look like a douchebag (more than usual).

5808loazd1.jpg
5808lobfu7.jpg
5808locfe8.jpg

Riveting walking/chapstick action.

My frames look terrible with it, probably because they're terrible in general, unfortunately.

I think the hat looks good, but maybe just a different color t shirt.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey i'm new here (and to dressing well, in general. i bought my first pair of >$60 jeans only a couple weeks ago) and i really don't know **** about ****. is it bad to tuck in the front of a shirt/ sweatshirt like i'm doing in the picture below?

the only reason i would do it would be to show the belt buckle, and to make the fit a little tighter near the belt area because i'm 6'3" and that, for some reason, makes almost every top really wide-fitting near the belt. as in, it looks fine from the front but looks like a triangle from the side view. is there any particular brand (t-shirts, mainly) that would provide a better fit?

any suggestions are welcome for helping me to develop a better style.

zvdlav.jpg

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
hey i'm new here (and to dressing well, in general. i bought my first pair of >$60 jeans only a couple weeks ago) and i really don't know **** about ****. is it bad to tuck in the front of a shirt/ sweatshirt like i'm doing in the picture below?

the only reason i would do it would be to show the belt buckle, and to make the fit a little tighter near the belt area because i'm 6'3" and that, for some reason, makes almost every top really wide-fitting near the belt. as in, it looks fine from the front but looks like a triangle from the side view. is there any particular brand (t-shirts, mainly) that would provide a better fit?

any suggestions are welcome for helping me to develop a better style.

zvdlav.jpg

Personally I would either go with a solid shirt, or a solid sweater, I'm not a big fan of multiple patterns at once, but that could just be me... Also the casualness of your sneakers do not match the rest of your outfit in terms of casualness / non casualness....

I would suggest you wear some boots or bluchers or something, lose the sweater for a solid one, and you'd be a little better off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads