• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the turtle neck and think it brings the outfit together in a way. I'm still amazed by this, probably the best post I've seen since chris posted his last one, haha.

ataru

Reaction score
Here comes another crappy pic. I need to find somewhere with some decent lighting.

img6652mod3wp9.jpg

Baracuta slim fit (i think i went one size too big)
AA ringer t shirt
Thick leather studded Levis belt I got in Japan
Sagged Jcrew slim chinos (should have gotten 29s not 31s)
Clarks Desert Boots

The big break on the chinos here is an intentional thing, but do you think theyd be better with just a small break? I found if I wore them at my natural waist the break is smaller but then the belt doesn't show and all around it kinda just makes me like an old tourist (lots of tourists wearing harringtons here in hawaii, tho I don't see many baracutas)

BTW I really enjoy your posts too Maharlika

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks Ataru. It's good to break from the mold and you are doing just that today without compromising your style. You still have that James Dean 'vibe' going on and it suits you. Are you in Honolulu?

quanfer

Reaction score
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG
Hey, first post of some of my clothes here. Actually, I posted to get some feedback on the jacket I'm wearing. I bought it recently from Zaras (full price at $150), but I'm not too sure about the decision right now. First its because it was at full price, second because I'm not too sure about the pockets on the chest and the military style collar. However, the collar can fold down to make it look like a regular jacket, but you'll still have the button/button hole showing. It's also a little wrinkled from being folded up in the shopping bag, and the material is cotton, although it looks kind of shiny in the picture because of the flash. I also noticed the exact same jacket in the buying/selling forum. Except that it had 2 buttons on the sleeve instead of 3, and was in a red/brown color. Does Zara normally alter their clothing a little bit and release it again?

ataru

Reaction score
Maharlika- Yes- I'm living in Waikiki actually, finishing up my last semester at UH as a Japanese major.

If I can succeed in breaking away from the all dark jeans thing I think that will open up a lot of ground for me to expand my style. I'm looking at incorporating jean jackets next, both paired with chinos and in the dreaded 'denim on denim.' I might fail with it but I'm thinking there's a chance I'll be able to pull it off. I'm consistently impressed by how you always manage to pull off completely different looks with flair, but as a newbie I'm just trying to branch out gradually without making a fool out of myself.
wink.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quanfer
http://picasaweb.google.com/stevole/...28721375427426
http://picasaweb.google.com/stevole/...28708490525522

Hey, first post of some of my clothes here. Actually, I posted to get some feedback on the jacket I'm wearing. I bought it recently from Zaras (full price at $150), but I'm not too sure about the decision right now. First its because it was at full price, second because I'm not too sure about the pockets on the chest and the military style collar. However, the collar can fold down to make it look like a regular jacket, but you'll still have the button/button hole showing. It's also a little wrinkled from being folded up in the shopping bag, and the material is cotton, although it looks kind of shiny in the picture because of the flash.

I like the jacket fine, but I think the rest of the outfit is a little too casual for it.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in Honolulu 3 times last year for business and there was a Japanese vintage shop that I checked out at Ala Moana Blvd in Waikiki. I did go to Leather n Soul last time I was there in October. Well, when I buy clothes I always keep in mind what I already have and try to incorporate and mix them together. You seem to be on the right track
smile.gif
Thanks again and congrats with school. Aloha!

Brutus

Reaction score
I could never pull off what Maharlika is wearing today. At least not the pants/boots combo.

My much more subtle fit for the day:
APC152-20-08Sml.jpg

w/ jacket
APC22-20-08Sml.jpg

Shades of Greige
Penguin
APC NS
Alden wingtips

ataru

Reaction score
Some lightweight RB11s I ordered a few weeks ago came today and I did go for a walk in them so I guess it counts as what I'm wearing today, so one more fit today
wink.gif

img6684modkz5.jpg

img6676mod2ur7.jpg

RB11s sized up 2, AA cranberry vneck, levis belt, frye brandos in tobacco

ataru

Reaction score
Trust me, those pics are better than they'd have been if I'd closed the blinds first

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ataru
Trust me, those pics are better than they'd have been if I'd closed the blinds first

I played with it on my CS2. I think it's a little better.

93234617.jpg

93234660.jpg

Now your Brandos are visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.