• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My first post in this thread, I think.

waywsweater.jpg

waywboots.jpg

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bobo: Not weird, but the best fit you've posted in a long time! Love that sweater.

GS: Yes! Part of why I'm so interested in your Thick as Thieves cardi is cause I wanted to pair it with my corpus rye in rain. Works just as well as I thought it would.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Asobu, thanks man.

Doc, looks great. Love the trews and your bigass cuffs *stamp of approval*. Not usually into mixing red/blue (like in the cardi) with browns (trews), esp with the lighter brown boots....the colorway would be my only criticism but I love all the pieces involved.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
thick as thieves cardigan
fred perry polo
corpus jeans
red wing gentleman traveller black cherry boots

How're you liking them boots? I've been looking at the black ones.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
How're you liking them boots? I've been looking at the black ones.

I wore em a bit yesterday and am wearing them today. Def stiff at first and my ankles earlier today felt like they were going to fall off, but it's gotten progressively better thru the day. I'm sure by another week's worth of wear they will be uber comfortable, much like the ways Docs break in. They don't run as large as Cultivism makes them out. I ended up keeping my actual shoe size and the fit is good. ½ size down would be ideal. No way I could have sized a full size down as Cult recommends

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mjk, h&m, nom de guerre, vans

1621112822_cdf7fd3624.jpg
1620224539_c554a68717.jpg

cloudhands69

Reaction score
Doc Holiday - Fantastic. I don't dress trad at all, and never thought about it. I love it when people sport a look so well that you know you couldn't do.

x-x-post:
Coal
Milsurp
APC NS
RW
10-18-07.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
^^mcqueen is lookin sick

Thanks big dog, it's the broken mini hearts from last season. You should see my new silver one.

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Jet looks alright. Is that a BoO popover I spy on the table?

Only alright? ***** please, and yes sharp eye sir.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cloundhand, looking good! the jeans are on the too slim side for me, but the peacoat(great fit)/beanie/boots makes it up. Beard and hair adds to it aswell.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
The only thing about the xchen/mink thing is that it seems the both of them are a little too concerned with what lake expressed above. It just seems like both try a bit harder just to be different from the +++ A&F. Cargo Shorts. Flip Flops look. Not quite as bad as the high school kids who "rebel" against the popular look by shopping at hot topic, but you get the idea. I just tire of the "oh, i just feel so much older and more mature than my age. i'm 22 going on 40" mentality. There are other posters like that here and it just seems pretentious at times. I know xchen and mink just really like going for the business casual look though, that's cool, as long as it's natural i have no hate.

I don't really feel like I act like you make me out to be. I have to wear business casual to work, but I try to change it up a bit. I feel like you make me out like I think I am better than everybody when that isn't the case. Do I feel more at home over on the men's clothing side of the board? yes. But I also wear jeans, AA shirts, and Chucks as well. As far as the 22 going on 40 thing, in a way it's sort of true. I've been so disillusioned with people my age for so long that I'm just used to it. I don't think I am better than anybody, I just don't do things that a lot of other folks my age do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads