• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo10375

Reaction score
maharlika nice to see you posting again, very cool look and nice mix of pieces

marrakesh I don't think that last combination of pieces is working well... not a huge fan of those pants and together with chunky boots and a tight leather jacket (a cool one by the way,) it makes your legs look pretty huge

Halifamous I think newthunder usually does a pretty good job; its not all about displaying a paticular designers aesthetic/look; Maharlika for example employed some EG chinos into an outfit that was far from the typical EG look IMO.
I like your last look despite what others have said. Regardless of it is in accordance to what you said in the rest of your post, the pinroll looks fine, and those shoes are very cool. Personally I think pinrolling looks fine as long as the person is tall enough, which you appear to be.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
the regular guy speaks again:

i like the rest of your outfit, hali...but, i think the pinroll looks pretty whack...and, it definitely violates the precept you quoted earlier...

"the point is not to stand out, but to fit into the element perfectly"

in the real world, the average guy who happened to catch a glimpse of your feet would ask, "wtf is that???"

and, while i respect the cogent analysis in your critiques, i have to disagree with you about nt...i think she owns her fits quite well...she seem to be very "at home" in them...or at least, that's my impression...but, the comment about her spending too much for her look...well...that criticism could be levied upon quite a few folks around here...in fact, it seems to be the norm

+1

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can the Regular Guy's opinion be brought to bear upon the issue of whether nasty-ass, decroded white canvas sneakers are stylish or merely revolting?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
A little formal (stuck in my friends tiny and freezing apartment on an overcast day)
waywt2wx7.jpg
Dolce & Gabbana H&M John Varvatos

Halifamous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
i like the rest of your outfit, hali...but, i think the pinroll looks pretty whack...and, it definitely violates the precept you quoted earlier...
I never said I wished to take the banner of Loos. That PG exemplifies that particular idea interests me, and I can appreciate it, but I've never been one to match the wallpaper.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
********* Eason.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halifamous
It's called a pinroll and it looks fine.

Skulls have an amusingly huge leg opening that looks like absolute **** if it's not cuffed up, additionally, you'd be surprised how much cooler it is with a little ventilation on your ankles, additionally, rolled jeans with boots is a classic american look.

crackup[1].gif

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
A little formal (stuck in my friends tiny and freezing apartment on an overcast day) ... Dolce & Gabbana H&M John Varvatos
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
********* Eason.
I think Eason needs a slightly bigger chest for the shirt. imo, D&G is for the skinnies.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
I like the pinrolls, but I think the shoes/boots whatever they are look ridiculous with them. For one they look out of place because of how high they are.. Something with a lower top would make sense if you're going for the practical, cooling-your-ankles thing.

Edit: ^ Talking about Halif.. Also har har, Eason has ****..? Not the most complex ****-giving in the world, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads