• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffenix

Reaction score
I've done a few searches in these forums using the keywords "slim fit", "pants", "chino" and have yielded lots but mostly irrelevant results. Thus, here I am in need of some answers and advice.

I'm looking for slim-fit, slightly tapered pants/trousers/chino/cargo pants with a long-ish inseam and small-ish leg opening . Specifically, an inseam of 32"-33" inches to 36" and a leg opening of between a 8" to 14".

I know that H&M and Engineered Garments carry such pants, but I'd like to know if there are any other brands that has such specifications.

Just for reference, I normally wear a size 33 Self Edge X Iron Heart denim:
Waist: 31.8", Thigh: 11.2", and Leg-Opening: 8"

Thanks all.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ffenix
I'm looking for slim-fit, slightly tapered pants/trousers/chino/cargo pants with a long-ish inseam and small-ish leg opening . Specifically, an inseam of 32"-33" inches to 36" and a leg opening of between a 8" to 14".
MacHay, Mason's, J. Lindeberg, Filippa K, and a host of others.

titojackson

Reaction score
What's the word on Tretorn Strand sizing? Also, just a heads up, these are on sale on the Tretorn website for $53.00 (with or without shrimp or beets printed on them) as well as a bunch of other sneakers. Pretty good deal, I think.

tizim

Reaction score
I have some button-up shirts, some jackets, and some hoodies that I want to shrink. If the tag on them says "wash cold" or "tumble dry low" or "do not tumble dry," are these rigid guidelines that I have to follow?

What I want to know is: can I give clothes with these tags a hot wash/hot dry if I want them to shrink?

Thanks in advance for any input!!

mattalis

Reaction score
Hey, im looking to find a nice designer grey hoody, availiable to ship to UK, come on guys, you must be able to rake me up something good!

Preffered designers: Ralph Lauren, Ed Hardy, Armani

Brutus

Reaction score
Question here!

Will the width of a shoe/boot have any effect on the overall length of the shoe? I recently purchased two pairs of boots (same brand) but the narrower boot (C) is notably shorter than the other (D).

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what glasses James Dean is wearing in this photograph?

james3ov2.jpg

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
Looking to add a jean with a taper to my rotation - any thoughts on the Iron Heart for Self Edge Cyclists or the Samurai S710XX Samurais are 19oz and Ironhearts are 21 oz.

How about these Imperials:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=272

It seems like you want some really heavy denim but with summer coming up I'd recommend something a little lighter. Those Imperials still look very nice if you've got a slim figure. If you are a little heaver you'll probably want something with a bit more room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads