• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dryl1

Reaction score
Hi, is the bluebee sale instore too?
smile.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another sales notice from Blackbird:

Blackbird SHOE SALE - 25% off all Acne, Spring Court,
Surface to Air Paris, and YMC shoes. It's time for Spring
cleaning, and we'll bet you need to freshen up your shoe
collection, so from April 25 - May 5 we'll give you 25% off our
entire collection of these lines. Come by the store or call us
before sizes run out.
(no free shipping; may not be combined with other offers)

ok1234

Reaction score
hey does anyone know the code for the bluebee 20 off sale?

i called today and they wouldnt tell me haha
the code was e-mailed to previous customers

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
And soon enough 0% since they're phasing it out slowly

That's unfortunate, especially given that Seattle markups are some of the highest in the States. LA, SF, and NYC tend to be lower, and Chicago is perhaps, as a whole, lowest of all. Not to mention that this will make their prices non-competetive with online retailers which carry similar stock. I like Blackbird, but excepting several brands like APC, Bless, and Skull, their stock is not exclusive enough for them to be the "goto" store, without their discount.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, i'm dissapointed too. Especially since they're pretty stingy with free shipping. I guess i can understand as they're starting to try and move to slightly higher end with all the geller, dbss, ervell, bless and others while phasing out the cheap-mid range stuff like bson, ymc, corpus, etc... Seems like i'm only gonna pick stuff up around sale time from them, but then again, they ususally don't have much left.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think the owners of other local stores will mind - I've heard many complaints where people try to get lower prices out of them just because Blackbird gives them an x% discount.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I don't think the owners of other local stores will mind - I've heard many complaints where people try to get lower prices out of them just because Blackbird gives them an x% discount.

Sure, but they are the competition. Of course the competition is not going to mind. I like Seattle stores. In general, the sales staff are friendly and unpretentious. However, the majority of the boutiques really cannot compete in terms of internet sales, even if they wanted to. The markups are simply too high to get that market.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've made the majority of my recent purchases from blackbird, soley due to the discount beating the price everywhere else...

I have a hard time buying anything without some sort of discount

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unfortunately they're not as competitive with each other as much as I'd like. Many of the downtown stores have either dropped lines or canceled orders just because of Blackbird's buys of the same stuff.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
That's unfortunate, especially given that Seattle markups are some of the highest in the States. LA, SF, and NYC tend to be lower, and Chicago is perhaps, as a whole, lowest of all. Not to mention that this will make their prices non-competetive with online retailers which carry similar stock. I like Blackbird, but excepting several brands like APC, Bless, and Skull, their stock is not exclusive enough for them to be the "goto" store, without their discount.

Exactly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads