• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official POLO Blue Label Thread

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yelawolf rocking RL in his Vibe shoot
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Makes me want to throw out all my PRL.  "YELAWOLF", lol. 

Who cares that he wears PRL the way he does. I'd rather you throw your stuff away and he continue to rock it whatever way he chooses. A lot of people who are not profoundly SF material choose to wear their clothing in different fashion. Its a good change of pace, I love seeing people like DZA and others buy these clothes and wear them the way they do. It doesn't change the fact that I would never wear them in the same way or manner. But this idea of you wanting to throw out your PRL solely because Yelawolf wears it the way he does, or maybe just the fact that he wears it, is appalling on so many levels.

FWIW, I find PRL awesome in that respect, its a great ice breaker when I see someone wearing PRL and its an instant connection. You know they love the brand and they love representing it 'hard'. Its an easy segway into conversation that could otherwise become stale or awkward, especially with strangers and random people you may meet.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Who cares that he wears PRL the way he does. I'd rather you throw your stuff away and he continue to rock it whatever way he chooses. A lot of people who are not profoundly SF material choose to wear their clothing in different fashion. Its a good change of pace, I love seeing people like DZA and others buy these clothes and wear them the way they do. It doesn't change the fact that I would never wear them in the same way or manner. But this idea of you wanting to throw out your PRL solely because Yelawolf wears it the way he does, or maybe just the fact that he wears it, is appalling on so many levels.
FWIW, I find PRL awesome in that respect, its a great ice breaker when I see someone wearing PRL and its an instant connection. You know they love the brand and they love representing it 'hard'. Its an easy segway into conversation that could otherwise become stale or awkward, especially with strangers and random people you may meet.
Hey man, I love streetwear and the way many folks within the hip hop community showcase their style.
I just dislike Yelawolf
biggrin.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Polo I models I have are trimmer than the IIs and I believe largely offered with center vents, tho mine has side vents and flat front pants.

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score

I couldn't agree with this more. I'm relatively new to purchasing PRL items, but in the past year I've developed quite the collection. Just today, I was in a jewelery store and the jeweler started asking me about my PRL Epson vest, and he had apparently bought the same one, a similar jacket, and another in a different colour. We both ended up chatting a bit, and had some connection with him based on that.

I love the brand, and hope to add to my collection in the form of a sport coat or two in the coming months.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

care to elaborate on why you arent a fan. I have 3 PRL suits...they are POLO I and POLO II and i like them a lot.

I like Bradford and Polo II, Garrison's lapel is too wide, I tried Polo I once, and I like it, but would prefer Polo II, never tried Bleeker though heard good opinion on it as well. Have anyone tried the new custom-fit sport coats, they fit (sizing wise, not style) close to black label (i.e. I am 36, but can get by with 38)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Polo I models I have are trimmer than the IIs and I believe largely offered with center vents, tho mine has side vents and flat front pants.

The polo I I came across at Bloomingdales had side vent and flat front as well. I have two Polo II, one had flat front pants while the other one was pleated

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone checked out the new custom fit suit/sports coat. I have seen them in Saks Fifth and Bloomingdales, I usually wear 36, but a 38 in custom fit works as well (guess similar to purple label's custom fit in that sense). The only problem is I haven't seen one that come with side vents, all the ones I have find are center vents. The custom fit on RL's website looks pretty nice, but again, center vent...

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/.../Division/Men&kw=custom-fit&parentPage=search

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh and for those who cares, the 25% off works with sales item as well, there is a 38R on the website (Polo II?), after 25% come to 700 something, and there is another one in 44? that will go to 500 something.

CJBianco

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I'm a little unsure where to post this question, and my search terms (SF and Google) for sizing methods vs. quality are apparently too vague. So my questions is: Are there any inherent quality differences between Polo Ralph Lauren Blue Label sport coats using general sizing (S, M, L) and those using specific sizing (40S, 41R, 44L)?

I recently bought a Polo Ralph Lauren Blue Label sport coat (my first), and I absolutely love it! (It's super comfortable, seems well-made, and the surgeon's cuffs are pretty cool.) It's a size 42R, and I'd like to add another Blue Label to my closet in a slightly different style/color. I found one online that I like, but it's a size M. (The actual measurements seem to be about the same.) Should I expect the same level of quality?

Thanks in advance,
Christopher

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi, guys. I'm a little unsure where to post this question, and my search terms (SF and Google) for sizing methods vs. quality are apparently too vague. So my questions is: Are there any inherent quality differences between Polo Ralph Lauren Blue Label sport coats using general sizing (S, M, L) and those using specific sizing (40S, 41R, 44L)?

I recently bought a Polo Ralph Lauren Blue Label sport coat (my first), and I absolutely love it! (It's super comfortable, seems well-made, and the surgeon's cuffs are pretty cool.) It's a size 42R, and I'd like to add another Blue Label to my closet in a slightly different style/color. I found one online that I like, but it's a size M. (The actual measurements seem to be about the same.) Should I expect the same level of quality?

Thanks in advance,
Christopher

Can you link to the jacket in question?

In my experience the lettered sizings are usually set aside for the casual/unlined/unconstructed jackets, not to say the quality is good or bad, it can vary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads