• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official POLO Blue Label Thread

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just ordered one of the Rugby suits. Its too bad they're all pinstripes and not solids and I'm concerned about the skinny lapels and possible high button point, but if it works out, the price can't be beat. They seem to have a pretty good return policy anyway :p

yup just waiting to get paid so i can get a glen check suit.. If any suit is made in italy, it is Caruso made - and should be fully canvassed.

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If someone doesn't plan to use their code, I'd appreciate getting it.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yup just waiting to get paid so i can get a glen check suit.. If any suit is made in italy, it is Caruso made - and should be fully canvassed.

I have heard this many times. How is this possible? :embar: I mean, 598 bucks for a fully canvassed suit made by Caruso, whos RLBL stuff goes for 1.5k and up retail, seems too good to be true. then again, I may be wrong...Does anyone know how these fit?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Darlton (now Marlow?) wingtips over the phone with the 40% + 15% off, and I didn't have any code. Just mention it to the SA and you should get it. Also, if you don't see your size online, try calling a store and getting it shipped to you. I needed a 12, and the only sizes online were 9 and 13, but the store I called had a pair in their inventory.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Picked up the Darlton (now Marlow?) wingtips over the phone with the 40% + 15% off, and I didn't have any code. Just mention it to the SA and you should get it. Also, if you don't see your size online, try calling a store and getting it shipped to you. I needed a 12, and the only sizes online were 9 and 13, but the store I called had a pair in their inventory.

THIS.

Anyone looking for the code should just call and order. The SA will give you the 15% kicker.

Last edited:

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are not fully canvassed.

This is what I thought. Are they at best half-canvassed (i.e. canvassed lapels?) What is the buttoning point like? I searched, not much comes up.

However, I do remember reading an article online talking about how Rugby suits were now made in Italy, and fully canvassed, with an appropriate increase in price? Am I misremembering things or does anyone else remember this? Either way, the sportcoats seem nice...and for 300 bucks, not a bad deal if they are half canvassed..just wish we could confirm this somehow.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have heard this many times. How is this possible? :embar: I mean, 598 bucks for a fully canvassed suit made by Caruso, whos RLBL stuff goes for 1.5k and up retail, seems too good to be true. then again, I may be wrong...Does anyone know how these fit?

Slim fitted. I own a Blue Pinstripe Rugby suit, before the Caruso suits came out though - Made in USA. It is slim so if you are unsure a size up might be better. I go to size and its a very tight fitting jacket with a silhouette look.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Rugby SC made in Italy and my tailor said it was fused.

Verniza

Reaction score
If the Rugby suits were fully canvassed by Caruso it is so bang on the buck.

Still waiting for a final verdict on the Rugby suits before I use a 3rd party shipping site.

Or is anyone able to help proxy a suit(Outside US)?

Original Intent

Reaction score
Thanks, OP. Just picked up a pair of Sanderson suede wings I've been lusting after, among a few other sundries. Didn't have a code, but called the customer help number and received one.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rugby's Shaggy shetland sweater is a steal at $47 shipped as well. I own it, and have been quite pleased with it. They are, however, pretty slim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads