• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bigfoot.jpg

I've seen a few on Jay Rosen for under $9k. They are out there every so often.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I've been using my volume and tone knobs a lot more. Basically I turn up the amp really loud so when everything is at 10 I have a lot of gain. From there I just use the volume to get where I want. I like the idea of always having more if I need it and it being right at my fingertips rather than using too many pedals.

youre lightyears ahead of most people already. I went through a phase where i wanted MOAR PEDALS!!!! did nothing with them...completely ruined my tone. now, all i use is a custom OD pedal by a guy here in nashville, and a reverb pedal. I used to use reverb form my amp, but im not too keen on that....personal preference is just a couple knobs on an amp. When you use too much ****, it really takes away from the sound and feel.

wish i wouldve been keeping up with this thread. Ive missed a ton of great stuff. Had noidea pB was a geetar player.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I'm constantly on the lookout for a bastardized, somewhat affordable early 50's Paul. Until then I might have to settle for getting a nice old Rick.

nothing wrong at all with an old rick...theyre such a unique looking and sounding guitar.

You ever see their old amps? awesome pieces of furniture...some of the coolest looking amps ive ever seen.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

youre lightyears ahead of most people already. I went through a phase where i wanted MOAR PEDALS!!!! did nothing with them...completely ruined my tone. now, all i use is a custom OD pedal by a guy here in nashville, and a reverb pedal. I used to use reverb form my amp, but im not too keen on that....personal preference is just a couple knobs on an amp. When you use too much ****, it really takes away from the sound and feel.
wish i wouldve been keeping up with this thread. Ive missed a ton of great stuff. Had noidea pB was a geetar player.

Yeah, I have been playing since I was about 12, (I'm 27 now) however I put it down during college and early career. I just picked it back up again recently. It has been fun and challenging. I am definitely a tone chaser and a tinkerer. I just placed an order for a replacement custom abr bridge and tailpiece for my Les Paul. But yeah, pedals are largely bullshit. I just use a custom Treble Booster and my volume and tone knobs. Replacing pot and caps and wiring in stock guitars is key to making them more useful, imo.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Yeah, I have been playing since I was about 12, (I'm 27 now) however I put it down during college and early career. I just picked it back up again recently. It has been fun and challenging. I am definitely a tone chaser and a tinkerer. I just placed an order for a replacement custom abr bridge and tailpiece for my Les Paul. But yeah, pedals are largely bullshit. I just use a custom Treble Booster and my volume and tone knobs. Replacing pot and caps and wiring in stock guitars is key to making them more useful, imo.

very cool...ive been playing since i was old enough to hold one. I come from a long line of musicians...father, uncles, grandfather, great grandfather etc. so I was learning country tunes before i was in kindergarten. Always played, but toned it down when i started playing drums.

surprising how ****** the electronics can be on new stuff.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

very cool...ive been playing since i was old enough to hold one. I come from a long line of musicians...father, uncles, grandfather, great grandfather etc. so I was learning country tunes before i was in kindergarten. Always played, but toned it down when i started playing drums.
surprising how ****** the electronics can be on new stuff.

Not just new stuff, but EXPENSIVE new stuff. My new bridge on my $2,600 les paul was over $100. The stock one is about $8. WTF?

I come from a long line of people I have nothing in common with.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Not just new stuff, but EXPENSIVE new stuff. My new bridge on my $2,600 les paul was over $100. The stock one is about $8. WTF?
I come from a long line of people I have nothing in common with.

i hate to say this, but Id never buy a new gibson. theyve declined so much is sad. but they keep getting more expensive. And it sucks because the old ones are getting so out of this world expensive it puts them out of reach....so you have to pay out of the anus for a mediocre made guitar, and then pay even more for upgraded parts that shouldve been included in the first place.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Very true, also now with this endangered wood bullshit new guitars can't even be made with traditional species of woods which affects tone.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Very true, also now with this endangered wood bullshit new guitars can't even be made with traditional species of woods which affects tone.

dont get me started on that. absolutely infuriating.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember reading about the raid on Gibson's factory for this very reason. Talk about insane.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I remember reading about the raid on Gibson's factory for this very reason. Talk about insane.

i know a few people that worked there during that time...the details are laughable...if my memory serves me correctly...the problem was with the fretboard.....it came from indian wood, and the fretboard is made in india, but just the wood...when it came to gibson, THEY put the frets on....and thats where the problem came in.....something about import laws.....

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah. Now they are using "baked" maple fretboard. Basically cooking maple in the oven to make it look like rosewood. :facepalm:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Yeah. Now they are using "baked" maple fretboard. Basically cooking maple in the oven to make it look like rosewood. :facepalm:

too bad. really too bad. such a far cry from what they used to produce. cool story...a good friend of my family was a really popular guitar player...gibson contacted him to design a signature guitar. hes pretty picky, and made sure every detail was exactly how HE wanted it. They made 3 of them, and stopped production because they were going to be far too expensive to produce. So to nullify their contract, he said for them to give him the 3 guitars and he'd call it even. so in his house he has serial numbers 000001, 000002, and 000003. the only ones ever produced. IVe played and handled all 3 of them. I can honestly say ive never seen a nicer gibson. really too bad they werent able to be produced. His collection is pretty stellar. He also has one of Clapton's 335's too. The best part though, is his basement...a few chairs, a bunch of vintage standel amps, and the carpet is the stage carpet from the grand ole opry stage.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

too bad. really too bad. such a far cry from what they used to produce. cool story...a good friend of my family was a really popular guitar player...gibson contacted him to design a signature guitar. hes pretty picky, and made sure every detail was exactly how HE wanted it. They made 3 of them, and stopped production because they were going to be far too expensive to produce. So to nullify their contract, he said for them to give him the 3 guitars and he'd call it even. so in his house he has serial numbers 000001, 000002, and 000003. the only ones ever produced. IVe played and handled all 3 of them. I can honestly say ive never seen a nicer gibson. really too bad they werent able to be produced. His collection is pretty stellar. He also has one of Clapton's 335's too. The best part though, is his basement...a few chairs, a bunch of vintage standel amps, and the carpet is the stage carpet from the grand ole opry stage.

Who is this guy?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in this story too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads