• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$10 yesterday at the goodwill. The slightly bigger brother to my Princeton 112 plus. It’s not been cleaned since 1992 and is In need of some love, which it may get. but a good garage kicker for now. The pots are all kinds of gunked and scratchy, but are a bit better after a round of deoxit. The reverb sprang back to life sometime in the process and is sounding nice. One input is still dead, so I’ll have to dig a little deeper. Haven’t decided if I’ll restore the original fender cloth cover, go with burlap to match my studio, or cover it with chicken wire for the garage.

72A30A40-A672-4BDD-8315-C4ABAAB983BF.jpeg

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Landed a gig for Saturday, 5/7/22:
Taking the Bose powered F1 812 x2, Bose F1 powered subwoofer X1, powered QSC CP8 monitor, Bose T4S ToneMatch, Xvive wires microphone system, SM-58 dynamic mic for vocals, Audio-Technica Pro 35 for instruments.

For smaller gigs:
I use a TC Helicon pedal and a small Mackie mixer (instead of the T4S mixer).

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$10 yesterday at the goodwill. The slightly bigger brother to my Princeton 112 plus. It’s not been cleaned since 1992 and is In need of some love, which it may get. but a good garage kicker for now. The pots are all kinds of gunked and scratchy, but are a bit better after a round of deoxit. The reverb sprang back to life sometime in the process and is sounding nice. One input is still dead, so I’ll have to dig a little deeper. Haven’t decided if I’ll restore the original fender cloth cover, go with burlap to match my studio, or cover it with chicken wire for the garage.

View attachment 1786717

In the late 60's guys were using flags or tie-dyed fabric for speaker cloth. But I kinda like your chicken wire garage band idea. Seems appropriate.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i started my then-6-yo kiddo on drum lessons , he stuck with it for a few months w only a practice pad and a upside down pot smh but a great way to get going ...

his instructor is a pretty nice guy , it sounds like he has a couple younger students so he's altering his method a bit ... i asked him about a kit and he went through the consignment bin at his shop ,

ended up with a 5 piece tama kit plus a no-name hi-hat and i have to find him a ride yet . i'm still tripping on the gadgetry of the pieces but he's taking it all in realtime as he's a pup ( the snare was set up for like death metal lol and kiddo was like "what can we do"? got a new head it's a completely different drum and he's happy etc )

he's 7 now we've played together a handful of times it's been a really elevated experience i'll improv off his beat it's like musical catch

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool story about recording Neil Young (and all of his tons of gear!)

I ran into Neil's guitar tech in the early 90's at the Dallas Three Amigos Guitar Show. He was there buying equipment. Not perfect, mint pieces like most collectors just cool, well used ones. I remember him specifically looking for a back up to Neil's iconic painted black '53 Les Paul goldtop "Old Black" that has had multiple broken necks, a Bigsby and a Firebird PU added. He was probably the only guy at the show looking for a "trashed" LP goldtop.

And speaking of white Fender Bassman amps...
IMG_2035.jpg

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anybody in this threak record themselves ?

would be fun to either post here or i could make another thread ! what say you ?

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anybody in this threak record themselves ?

would be fun to either post here or i could make another thread ! what say you ?
I’ve been doing that to watch my form and confirm how horrific my singing voice is. I find it helpful. Would love to see more experienced players post instructive clips here, even if they’re links to YouTube channels.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a young married I took on some extra work in the summer of '85 and saved and ordered me a lefty HD-28. It sounds better now that the day I took it home (and it sounded darn good then). The guitar is likely annoyed it is played by such a poor player. :) Certainly, it has ruined me on any other acoustic. On the extremely rare occasions I run into a guitar store with nicer leftys and try them out I've never encountered one any better than what I already have. That includes a sweet Taylor 810ce I had the privilege of playing.

Good luck on the quest. That's half the fun.

tbh , i really am not enjoying the quest lol . i took a lap around the shops in my town hoping to find a shorter scale martin , no luck .

but ... one spot had a 60s gibson SJ that actually did the gibson thing , a great price too . it was def a survivor ( headstock repair etc ) but it did click and ill prob revisit

I’ve been doing that to watch my form and confirm how horrific my singing voice is. I find it helpful. Would love to see more experienced players post instructive clips here, even if they’re links to YouTube channels.

the beautiful metronome videos have legit musical clicks and some options for accent beats if you like to explore . fun and constructive to play along to , just treat it like a drummer . it may take a bit to find the right tempo for your tune but it's a blast once you can groove in a little .

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've been having a terrible time shopping an instrument , part of it is inventory is a bit thin here ...

... the other part is it's just very hard to invest the time and energy . i'd already had a couple of forever instruments and i sold them when i got a bad diagnosis . i'd do that again too and it just feels fucked up , like what's the point ? :(

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've been having a terrible time shopping an instrument , part of it is inventory is a bit thin here ...

... the other part is it's just very hard to invest the time and energy . i'd already had a couple of forever instruments and i sold them when i got a bad diagnosis . i'd do that again too and it just feels fucked up , like what's the point ? :(

update : picked up a new larrivee dreadnought pics later

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads