• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official 2012 College Football Season Thread

shadesofbeige

Reaction score

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody else here consider it an injustice that Notre Dame finished up in the final (post BCS Championship) ratings ahead of Texas A&M?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anybody else here consider it an injustice that Notre Dame finished up in the final (post BCS Championship) ratings ahead of Texas A&M?

Two losses still speaks, even if they beat Alabama. Tied at 5 seems about right for A&M.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just want to throw this out there....

Nick Saban's daughter (greater than sign) AJ McCarron's gf.

https://twitter.com/JRTuttle4/status/288483571692347392/photo/1

Also, I thought ND was overrated all season. They are perhaps more confounding than FSU this year. They played a ***** of a schedule, OK Michigan State ended up not being that hot but they were top-10 when they played ND. But they also played A LOT of really bad football... I mean, bad. They were mediocre against Wake and BC, they got VERY lucky against BYU, they needed a missed FG against Pitt (Pitt!) in triple overtime. The last two games were at home, no less.

So basically, I really don't know what to think.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

adsmith4

Reaction score
Also, I thought ND was overrated all season. They are perhaps more confounding than FSU this year. They played a ***** of a schedule, OK Michigan State ended up not being that hot but they were top-10 when they played ND. But they also played A LOT of really bad football... I mean, bad. They were mediocre against Wake and BC, they got VERY lucky against BYU, they needed a missed FG against Pitt (Pitt!) in triple overtime. The last two games were at home, no less.

Texas_Jack is correct. Kristen Saban was one of my ex girlfriend's pledge sisters and she looks absolutely nothing like that first picture.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you were a highly recruited high school quarterback, would you play for Nick Saban at Alabama? You'll be in the national championship hunt ever year, but no one will know how good you are because your role is a game manager who hands the ball off to the star running back(s) and makes a few plays when called upon to do so.

adsmith4

Reaction score
If you were a highly recruited high school quarterback, would you play for Nick Saban at Alabama? You'll be in the national championship hunt ever year, but no one will know how good you are because your role is a game manager who hands the ball off to the star running back(s) and makes a few plays when called upon to do so.
The "game manager" title is overplayed. You play the game to win, not to inflate your stats. Why wouldn't you want to come to Alabama and have a chance to win a championship every season? BTW, game managers don't throw for over 250 yards in two consecutive national championship games. 30 touchdowns on the season to only 3 interceptions. Tell me how Matt Barkley, who we all know is better than McCarron, fared by going to USC in a pass oriented offense? Go to Alabama, mature as a player and a person, win championships, play on national television week in and week out, and ultimately be drafted in the first two rounds. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are John Parker Wilson and Greg McElroy up to these days?

adsmith4

Reaction score
Making quite a nice living in the NFL as backups. The same thing, Matt Leinart, John David Booty, Ryan Mallet, and soon to be Mark Sanchez are all doing. McCarron is head and shoulders better than either McElroy or Wilson so that's a ludicrous comparison. Just because you go to a passing college and put up gaudy numbers doesn't mean you will be a successful NFL QB. Andrew Luck is a prime example of being able to play in the NFL despite not playing for a pass oriented offense in college.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Someone x-post these to WYHI?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads