• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

vubui

Reaction score
Slushy day with the M7527s. Break-in is progressing.

L1010178.jpeg

Fenners81

Reaction score
I photographed my small (compared to most of you folks!) boot collection so I could keep better track of them. It’s interesting to see how some of them have aged.

The Grassmere Brown Zug Grain was my first ever Goodyear welted boot, I bought them in 2012. They have held up incredibly well, and I think I’m going to resole them soon and add a natural welt, which I think will work well with how reddish the leather has become over the years.

View attachment 2099383

My next pair of Tricker’s were these monkey boots made for Nitty Gritty. These are probably my second most worn boots of all time. I just love them. Like the Grassmeres the commando sole just keeps going, it’s very hard and durable.

View attachment 2099385

Then in 2015 I bought another monkey boot collab with Nitty Gritty, in suede but with smooth leather for the tongue and heel. This is why I fell in love with brass eyelets and more natural welts.

View attachment 2099387

This month I started buying Tricker’s again and picked up the Lawrence in Cubana suede and M7527 in navy scotch grain (which I‘ve already posted about), and will probably order another pair or two soon. But then I need to stop so I can actually have the time to break them in and enjoy them. The Lawrence needs very little break-in as it has a gumlite sole and the leather is already soft, but the M7527 is fairly stiff, and I think I’m going to get the Henry in peanut reverse suede next which I expect will also need some proper time to break.

It’s been enjoyable reading the past 50 or so pages of posts here. Thanks everyone for inspiring me to spend more money on boots that I definitely don’t need yet will still bring me quite a bit of joy!
Can't get over how different the leather on your zug Grassmeres is to mine. Not sure if it's an age thing or whether they've changed the leather. The grain looks much less pronounced on yours and the leather looks more natural. If they did change it, it wasn't for the better.

vubui

Reaction score
Can't get over how different the leather on your zug Grassmeres is to mine. Not sure if it's an age thing or whether they've changed the leather. The grain looks much less pronounced on yours and the leather looks more natural. If they did change it, it wasn't for the better.
I wish I had photos from when I got them. It’s been a long time but I do remember that the grain was more pronounced back when they were new, and they seem to have smoothed out a lot since then. They’ve also taken on a more reddish hue over time, whereas in the beginning they were much more brown. I tried to push them a bit more towards burgundy with some polish a couple years ago but later cleaned that off as the natural color is quite nice now.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. I have this in black and the leather is softening nicely but my initial thoughts were that it appeared quite plasticky almost. It does appear to be changing so let’s see what time and wear bring… I have heard some mutterings on this forum about the leather new and old being different to each other.

Fenners81

Reaction score
This. I have this in black and the leather is softening nicely but my initial thoughts were that it appeared quite plasticky almost. It does appear to be changing so let’s see what time and wear bring… I have heard some mutterings on this forum about the leather new and old being different to each other.
If mine age to look like the ones from the photo I'll be both surprised and elated! Mine too have a plasticky appearance but I've worn them less than 10 times so only time will tell.

vubui

Reaction score
Ordered these late Wednesday night from The Bureau Belfast and they already arrived here in Stockholm!

I have to say I’m becoming a fan of these super lightweight soles. I still love a proper heavy boot but this new one and the Lawrence are just so nice to slip on in immediate comfort.

I love the white stitching, the brass eyelets and speed hooks, and the super light welt. It’s always my goal to add very different things to an existing collection I own, and this one definitely fits the bill for different.

L1010187.jpeg

L1010188.jpeg

SumDude

Reaction score
Are these the Division Road Churchill boot? I like the bison leather, and your picture seems to show more of the bison grain character than the pics on the DR website.
Yes they are. There is even more grain character on the inside of the shafts facing each other when standing. The coloring is also just like the caramel kudu Trickers normally uses.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered these late Wednesday night from The Bureau Belfast and they already arrived here in Stockholm!

I have to say I’m becoming a fan of these super lightweight soles. I still love a proper heavy boot but this new one and the Lawrence are just so nice to slip on in immediate comfort.

I love the white stitching, the brass eyelets and speed hooks, and the super light welt. It’s always my goal to add very different things to an existing collection I own, and this one definitely fits the bill for different.

View attachment 2100159

View attachment 2100161
I hear you loud and clear. As I get older I am slowly moving towards wedge soles as well. Just unbeatable for all day comfort especially in an urban setting.

For example last night I woke up with calf cramps after much walking in the Kudu Stows. 🤣 I think for me personally there is something about the way the heel cup and weight of the sole force me to walk that makes my break in all about knee and calf endurance. 🤣💪🏽

vubui

Reaction score
I hear you loud and clear. As I get older I am slowly moving towards wedge soles as well. Just unbeatable for all day comfort especially in an urban setting.

For example last night I woke up with calf cramps after much walking in the Kudu Stows. 🤣 I think for me personally there is something about the way the heel cup and weight of the sole force me to walk that makes my break in all about knee and calf endurance. 🤣💪🏽
Haha that doesn’t sound fun yet I totally know what you mean. That’s why it’s good to have both, I guess!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads