• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

offer to donate unused shell boot for education

brainchild

Reaction score
Years ago I purchased boots from RPL, which were made by C&J, and no less, of shell cordovan.

After they sent me two boots but with only one of the correct size, they resolved the error by later sending the correct size for the shoe originally selected from the wrong size, and promised to send me a paid shipping label for return of the wrongly-selected shoe. As they never sent the label, even after several reminders, I never returned the shoe, nor was bothered about it.

My current situation is an interesting one, because discarding such a valuable item seems inappropriate, but no market is available for selling or even donating single shoes.

The best solution I have conceived is that if an SF member wished to receive the shoe, for the intended purpose of dissecting it, and showing photographs of the stages of destruction, in an SF posting, for the purpose of educating curious readers about the details of Goodyear construction, then I would ship the item to that member at my own expense, provided the shipping destination would be in the Continental United States.

Any takers please contact me.

Attachments

• IMG_20211110_230300_1.jpg
    IMG_20211110_230300_1.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 45

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years ago I purchased boots from RPL, which were made by C&J, and no less, of shell cordovan.

After they sent me two boots but with only one of the correct size, they resolved the error by later sending the correct size for the shoe originally selected from the wrong size, and promised to send me a paid shipping label for return of the wrongly-selected shoe. As they never sent the label, even after several reminders, I never returned the shoe, nor was bothered about it.

My current situation is an interesting one, because discarding such a valuable item seems inappropriate, but no market is available for selling or even donating single shoes.

The best solution I have conceived is that if an SF member wished to receive the shoe, for the intended purpose of dissecting it, and showing photographs of the stages of destruction, in an SF posting, for the purpose of educating curious readers about the details of Goodyear construction, then I would ship the item to that member at my own expense, provided the shipping destination would be in the Continental United States.

Any takers please contact me.
While I’m sure you could find someone willing to cut it open - There’s a market actually for single shoes among amputees is my understanding. Could be worth checking with a local charity that works with the amputee community.

brainchild

Reaction score
@JFWR has accepted this offer.

We should all expect a deeply engaging post in the foreseeable future exhibiting the results of the process.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We should all expect a deeply engaging post in the foreseeable future exhibiting the results of the process.

I can't promise "deeply engaging post", but I can promise "I will take pictures of me dissecting the boot to show its inner workings". It will be cool.

AgentGary

Reaction score

SHould let person with more knowledge dissect the CJ. Me vote for JMR928.
JMR smart guy, found Archibald shoes glued ? Has bespoke experience and good shoes collection.

brainchild

Reaction score
SHould let person with more knowledge dissect the CJ. Me vote for JMR928.
JMR smart guy, found Archibald shoes glued ? Has bespoke experience and good shoes collection.

The offer was open to any member. One accepted. It was a simple offer. I am not choosing someone to represent the public through an official appointment.

I would have been reluctant for someone who had no reputation in the community to speak to his credibility, but this issues did not arise.

AgentGary

Reaction score
The offer was open to any member. One accepted. It was a simple offer. I am not choosing someone to represent the public through an official appointment.

I would have been reluctant for someone who had no reputation in the community to speak to his credibility, but this issues did not arise.
I read this many times, very infamous!

AgentGary

Reaction score
More credible opinions and facts here by JMR928

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads