• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OCBD roundup (with pictures)

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm more or less the same height and weight as you (most days, I weigh about five pounds more), but there is no way I can tuck in my BoO smalls. I must be top tall.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crazy
Bohemian, how recently did you get your UO ocbd? I really like the fit but I wonder if they still are selling them. Do you remember which of their house brands it was exactly?

it's the bdg preppy oxford.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Anyone tried the new LL Bean trim fit? I think I'm going to order a couple sizes to try it out.

Fit pics. Not really tapered, just higher armholes cut straight down. I sized down to get my proper neck size. Didn't really care for the fabric, which felt cheap and stiff, perhaps because of the "wrinkle free" treatment.

15/33 wrinkle free oxford
2vts807.jpg

Small stonewashed oxford
2uepnh5.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I didn't go through all nine pages, but Naked & Famous is making extremely slim-fit Oxford shirts in the Fall. They're made in Canada, have button-down collars, and are comparable to the Band fit, but straighter cut and almost half the price.

Their founder, Brandon, came by my store on Saturday night and wore one. It's awesome, and is probably just the thing that a lot of you guys are looking for:

2913_84423901225_554536225_2206905_6517994_n.jpg

He was looking mod as f*** on our scooter.

They're also doing super-slim suit separates in Japanese Gabardine. This guy's putting out great stuff in the next few months.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh ****, that really does look great. The one thing I don't like about BoO is the weird hem/general shortness. If the N&F oxfords are longer than BoO in the sleeves but still look "right" untucked (brownie points for doing this without exposing hipbones), they would be pretty much perfect for me.

Will you be carrying them?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Oh ****, that really does look great. The one thing I don't like about BoO is the weird hem/general shortness. If the N&F oxfords are longer than BoO in the sleeves but still look "right" untucked (brownie points for doing this without exposing hipbones), they would be pretty much perfect for me.

Will you be carrying them?

Yes, we'll definitely have them in the Fall. I'll holler when they come in.

Brandon's a fairly tall and really skinny guy. He wears a small and had it tucked in without a problem, so I think that's the fit you're looking for. The quality on them is really nice. I feel like they're going to retail around $130 or so.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yes, we'll definitely have them in the Fall. I'll holler when they come in.

Brandon's a fairly tall and really skinny guy. He wears a small and had it tucked in without a problem, so I think that's the fit you're looking for. The quality on them is really nice. I feel like they're going to retail around $130 or so.

Sounds good.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool that N&F is expanding their line of clothes. goo canadian stuff

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vashin
cool that N&F is expanding their line of clothes. goo canadian stuff
Amen. It always intrigues me how few designers/CEOs/whatevers actually take part in (read: advantage of) SF. I mean, if I were Mr. N&F, I'd be signed up and sharing information about my product, in a fair and tactful way of course. (e.g. Allen-Edmonds CEO on AAAC) I'm very interested in these shirts, but N&F distribution in Canada seems to be so limited. It seems silly to purchase a Canadian product from a US online retailer.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wmmk, have you tried Armani Exchange? In XS, their shirts are actually too small/just right (depending on your style) on me, and I'm about your size, just shorter.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like how the picture got blurrier when you switched from the camera phone to a full body

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
I didn't go through all nine pages, but Naked & Famous is making extremely slim-fit Oxford shirts in the Fall. They're made in Canada, have button-down collars, and are comparable to the Band fit, but straighter cut and almost half the price.

Their founder, Brandon, came by my store on Saturday night and wore one. It's awesome, and is probably just the thing that a lot of you guys are looking for:

He was looking mod as f*** on our scooter.

They're also doing super-slim suit separates in Japanese Gabardine. This guy's putting out great stuff in the next few months.

Shirt looks great, any news of an XS sizing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads