• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC Meet-Up, TONIGHT, Tuesday 7/22!!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be there, at least for drinks - see you all at 7:30 PM.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me thank Mr. Claymore for arranging last night's gathering of the iGent clan, and Tony, the manager of Bar Vetro, for taking such good care of us, and the cast of characters for making it a most entertaining evening - Mr. Claymore, the Thin White Duke, Tirailleur, Matt Deckard (he of The Fedora Lounge fame), the master tailor Rory Duffy, and, of course, myself. Food and drink were consumed, much schmoozing was done, and general merriment was had by all. Photos were taken as we were departing - our photographer, a gentleman just out of a museum preview at the Modern (he had stolen a glass to prove it!) was so enamored of our group that, after taking some iPhone shots of us six, importuned a passerby to take a photo of the seven of us, with the gentleman's own camera. A most entertaining coda to a most pleasant evening.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Echoing the above!
What a stroke of luck for me to be in town and able to attend this gathering to rub shoulders with some solid citizens for top drawer food, drink and conversation. Thanks to all for making this nomad feel at home. Good luck to all and I hope our paths cross again some day.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make it, folks. Had an interview to prepare for that I have to go to in about 15 minutes. I did have a dream I went though. I got into a fight with two or three of you. Nobody won, as we were all too drunk to fight properly.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry I couldn't make it, folks. Had an interview to prepare for that I have to go to in about 15 minutes. I did have a dream I went though. I got into a fight with two or three of you. Nobody won, as we were all too drunk to fight properly.

It was obviously a dream - you'd never risk injury to the G & G's, no matter how drunk you were.

Best of luck with the interview, in any case.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for not making it as well, sounds like you boys held it down though.

Meeting Uppr Crust would be worth the price of admission alone :D

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry for not making it as well, sounds like you boys held it down though.

Meeting Uppr Crust would be worth the price of admission alone :D

I do believe that we did hold it down, and, despite rumors to the contrary, I'm not that hard to meet . . . :satisfied:

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score
What is wrong with you New Yorkers? All of you have been so gracious and charming. Why don't you get together more often???

Let me thank Mr. Claymore for arranging last night's gathering of the iGent clan, and Tony, the manager of Bar Vetro, for taking such good care of us, and the cast of characters for making it a most entertaining evening - Mr. Claymore, the Thin White Duke, Tirailleur, Matt Deckard (he of The Fedora Lounge fame), the master tailor Rory Duffy, and, of course, myself. Food and drink were consumed, much schmoozing was done, and general merriment was had by all. Photos were taken as we were departing - our photographer, a gentleman just out of a museum preview at the Modern (he had stolen a glass to prove it!) was so enamored of our group that, after taking some iPhone shots of us six, importuned a passerby to take a photo of the seven of us, with the gentleman's own camera. A most entertaining coda to a most pleasant evening.

It was indeed a wonderful end to my New York trip. What a great evening! Crusty it is you though, who is the true gentleman. I owe you twice now! We had great conversations and delightful bonhomie all around. You all should have been there. Crusty, as I said is a true gentleman; the Duke is indeed thin, white, and regal; Ni is a true creative visionary. Matt knows more about hats than anyone I have ever met, including some bespoke hatters; and Rory is a true master tailor, drinker, and raconteur. Matt, Rory, and I actually found ourselves in a pub down the street where we discussed the finer points of tailoring and hat making until 1:30 in the morning! I also learned two very important things: one does not F*$% with Mr. Duffy nor the monkeys of Monkey Mountain in Hong Kong.

A word about Messieurs Duffy and Deckard: They are some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable people I have every met. The forum sure likes to crap all over them and it is simply ridiculous. It would just be nice if many of the posters here could come to understand that people like them are the actual experts and try to learn from them instead of disparaging them.

Echoing the above!
What a stroke of luck for me to be in town and able to attend this gathering to rub shoulders with some solid citizens for top drawer food, drink and conversation. Thanks to all for making this nomad feel at home. Good luck to all and I hope our paths cross again some day.

Thank you so much for coming! The next buying season is at the end of January so I am planning on setting up another get together then. Hope you will be back in town. Good luck with all your projects!

We understand, though you were missed. I hope your interview went well. If we had stayed out much later I could see your dream coming true. However, Rory would have won, hands down.

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score

:laugh:

Of course I only meant to take pics and post them.

Ha! Ok, I suppose I handle that much!

No shoe circle but I think this works better for our group:

Guess who's is who's!

It's a pity you weren't wearing on of your fine chapeaux, Crusty. I have a feeling though that Matt is going to help you add to your collection....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads