• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nordstrom Rack = marginal quality...

Christopher Essex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Hows the rack in Seattle?

I was just there on the weekend visiting from Vancouver BC. While there may have been some items there of note, the experience is so soul-deadening and the clientele so sartorially-challenged, I just spent my time making fun of people (in my mind) as my wife poked around fruitlessly for anything of value (which was just as well, since the checkout queue was very long).

As someone else said, the place was packed with label-wearing hordes, so obviously whatever the Rack is doing is working for them.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Bergen Town Center in Paramus, NJ (about 10 miles outside NYC) is a decent one-stop shopping place for discount chains: Nordstrom Rack, Off Saks, Bloomingdale Outlet and Century 21.

Best thing I ever found at Nordstrom Rack were Allen Edmonds about 40 percent off. Wasn't marked and didn't appear to be 2nds.

Grey

Reaction score
I've caught a few Talbott 7-folds at mine, but that and socks are the only reasons I go there.

Although, ties, belts, socks, etc are really the only things I go to *any* stores for, and I guess shoes and outerwear. Everything else isn't any more expensive to just do MTM and you get a better item.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I new a lot of guys who shopped regularly at the NR and by making careful purchased dressed very well. They waited for the right classic items and the better quality. You just aren't going to find that on every visit in your size.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by razl
It's a Ben Sherman and Abboud craptastic love fest.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LukeM

Reaction score
Saw some Gant linen shirts retail $130 marked down to $25, all too big for me though. I did grab one Jones New York 120s 2ply shirt for $19 just because I needed a striped purple shirt. (The Bay as I am in Canada)

csoukoulis

Reaction score
DAMN THIS THREAD!!!

I never go there and i went today and spent a couple bucks to stimulate the economy!
Picked up a couple pairs of cashmere socks @ 10 per
pack of 6 white cotton pocket handkerchiefs @ 6 bucks
Belt to replace the one i had that matched a pair of churches i have @ 20 bucks
Napoli di Nordstrom (made in Italy house brand or some ****) spring sport coat (looks pretty good though!) 85% off @ 59 bucks
Bottle of Givenchy Pi Cologne (needed this anyways) @ 55 bucks

Green Lantern

Reaction score
I don't do the Racks, Off 5th, or Loehmans anymore. I just sit on a perch and watch the stuff before it leaves the main store at lowest mark down. It is in better shape and when it first gets to the clearance store it is at the same price as the lowest main store price. They started peddling those outlet store labels/lines and decreased the deals that I would find from the merchandise direct from main store. They sprinkle some main store merchandise throughout the outlet to make you think you are at the receiving end of the pipeline direct from the main store...but OH NOOOOO. What I do now, is weight the store brands against each other since they can be had for decent prices. Saks has the best store brand sweaters. Brooks Brothers and Nordstrom brand shirts are nice. Neimans has really good store brand socks and underwear.

Reaction score
The Nordstrom Rack in Novi, MI can have the occasional nice find. I've spotted Hickey Freeman suits and Eton and Canali ties. You can also find nice pairs of Allen Edmonds shoes on occasion. The best Rack I can personally endorse is the one in Downtown Chicago.

Kamil1987

Reaction score
Anyone still shops at NR? Looks like it's getting close to 99.5% crap these days.

99.5% crap is correct, but in the remaining 0.5% I managed to find Santoni Oxfords from one of the highest grades (fatto a mano with full leather soles and hidden stitch) for 139$ !!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I bought a gorgeous Jil Sander trench at Nordstrom Rack for about 75% off MSRP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads