• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NO PURCHASE CHRISTMAS CLUB (NOVEMBER & DECEMBER 2011)

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are doing the club to mid-December only :)
Thank you RSS for the video link. Much appreciated.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Bought the flannels I needed. Set me back right around $100 (as predicted). They were RLPL and originally $450, however, so I sleep well at night. Either way focused and back on track. Trying to go through the first of the year.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Emergency: Needed to buy a new pair of jeans, an old pair I had got distressed(ripped) although they may still be suitable for SW&D type fits, cost was 120 yuan, think that's about 16 or 17 bucks(USD).

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been conditioning all of my leather lately. It is just taking forever....every belt, every shoe, boot, bag, glove, wallet, billfold, briefcase, jacket and coat.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am still lotioning leather....and running our of lotion...oops.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped $27 on a burgundy knit tie :(

valhson

Reaction score
still on the wagon here. thinking about what might need some extra care this time around. I have nothing that isn't part of the normal maintenance cycle. I am thinking about learning to darn some old smart wool hiking socks. I have more than enough pairs. Just might be nice to learn something new. I do get the feeling this will be a one and only time sort of thing for me however.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
25 years of madness...this is what happens when things get out of control....

Please...no questions on makes...it would take too long to type. As I stated in an earlier post, this is what happens when things get out of control....these photos show about half of my wardrobe. I am a sick man. Don't let this happen to you unless you have a stately mansion to store it all (which I don't). It takes me 3 days just to lotion my shoes. This is why I run the No Purchase Club..to help other souls stop themselves from commiting this insanity.

Hope you guys are holding strong on this challenge.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that some kind of shoe fetish?

Aqualung

Reaction score
For November 01, 2011
Here now is the
Official NO PURCHASE CLUB for NOVEMBER & DECEMBER 2011
We begin the challenge on TUESDAY NOVEMBER 01, 2011 (inclusive)
NO BREAKS
NO REST PERIODS

Sign-ups begin immediately!
For anyone new to this challenge, the purpose of this club is to assist you, through solidarity with other weak souls, to save your money and wean you off the addiction to frivilous spending.
This is your LAST CHANCE to SAVE some money before Christmas!
Rules:
1) You agree, first with yourself, and secondly before all of humanity, that you will spend not one cent on clothes or clothing-related items or accessories for yourself from Tuesday November 01, 2011 until 23:59:59 Thursday December 15, 2011 (inclusive)
2) You will perform maintenance on the wardrobe you already have (iron shirts, sew buttons, clean & polish shoes, lotioning leather goods, etc) to keep your things in good working order.
3) You will immediately and truthfully report any and all spending not provided for in the rules, listing the item(s) purchased and amount spent ($$).
4) Should you weaken and spend, after reporting it on this thread, you must continue to the end of the challenge period. No quitting!
5) On the last day of the challenge, you will report in one last time before the deadline of 23:59:59 hrs Thursday December 15, 2011. If you have spent nothing, you must report in and confirm. This allows me to make a final scorecard. Anyone who has not reported in, even though they have not spent, will not have fulfilled the agreement and will therefore be listed as M.I.A. (Missing In Action) but will not be credited with having successfully completed the challenge.
Exceptions and Emergency Fund (please read carefully)
A) First time Members - $100 allowance for emergencies only
B) Successful Members of the October 2011 NPC - Up to $200 allowance for whatever you like (a small reward for your fidelity last month)
C) Failed members of the October 2011 NPC - $0 ...that's right...nothing. No mercy. You blew it last month and you need to buckle down.
smile.gif

F.A.A.Q. (Frequently Asked or Anticipated Questions)
Gentlemen, each and every one of you is encouraged to join and I do mean everyone!
For those of you who are not yet members of Styleforum, you are encouraged to take a few minutes and sign up. become a member today and play with us!
Now.....are you ready?......
Christmas is coming and it's not too late to start saving!
Who is in?! Who dares to save? Who is with me?! ARRRRRGH>>>
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
:
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
happy.gif
shog[1].gif
foo.gif
nod[1].gif
satisfied.gif

My no purchase will be gifts for eveyone else but I'll still buy something for myself
lol8[1].gif

Gift giving is actually stupid. Everyone should just buy their own gifts and then just show them to each other, that would be more enjoyable than opening crap you don't want and pretending you like it haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads