• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No More Clowning Around

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
img0122cy0.jpg

img0099ve1.jpg

img0119en0.jpg

You should burn these two ties.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, Id rather wear them and tell everyone that "Brad" on the clothes MB doesn't like em.
tounge.gif

Do that. I just think you're ruining otherwise nice shirts by wearing those ties.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're right. Those were suggestions by a UK tie Maker for English looking combinations that I did a while ago. What ties would you put on there?

Is the purple tie from Lewin? I doubt you care, but I wear a lot of solids. All three of those shirts lends themselves to something solid, or at least to something very neat.

Vince Lombardi's Ghost

Reaction score
I'm rather fond of the first two combinations. The bottom, not so much. Also, I think the dog bone links get lost in the shirt pattern, but I like them.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Hermès prints.
crazy.gif

That's so... atypically unsophisticated of you...

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
Is the purple tie from Lewin? I doubt you care, but I wear a lot of solids. All three of those shirts lends themselves to something solid, or at least to something very neat.
No they're both by Cravats. OK, you like solids. I don't really like them unless they have a self pattern or texture, and then it's arguable that they aren't really solids. Do you consider this a solid?
img0120mb7.jpg
Or this?
img0199ux3.jpg
I don't like the blue with yellow squares too much but ill still wear it...eventually.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi's Ghost
I'm rather fond of the first two combinations. The bottom, not so much. Also, I think the dog bone links get lost in the shirt pattern, but I like them.
i think you're right that that shirt tends to bury the bone. I engage in some trial and error with the cufflinks I own and I understood that the English liked sterling cufflinks when I set that photo up . But then, The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I like that tie. I guess you have to burn it now. Or, you could just send it to me.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
I can actually see myself wearing this most recent combo.

Minus the cufflinks, +1.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member