• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No effs given... correctly

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really wonder what those guys are thinking. like, do they really think that looks good, or are they doing it just for name recognition in their field because they cant do it by being the best media reporters just through their actual reporting skills, even though its through the means is looking like an ass.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really wonder what those guys are thinking. like, do they really think that looks good, or are they doing it just for name recognition in their field because they cant do it by being the best media reporters just through their actual reporting skills, even though its through the means is looking like an ass.

Surely once they see these biting comments they will change their evil ways.
lol...excellent

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Surely once they see these biting comments they will change their evil ways.

not likely. they just look at their bags of money and laugh at the haters. good for them. no hate here.

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it probably goes back to the days when sports announcers/ commentators / reporters were disembodied voices on the radio .When you saw them they wanted to present an image that would stand up to their vocal personalities . There is a long history of eccentric dress amongst this group

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think they dress that way in a calculated ploy to add to their paychecks.

i think it is all connected. i have a hard time imagining those guys dressing that way if that was not their profession. he is in the entertainment business, standing out is part of the game.

do you think sager will go down as one of the sports reporting greats? i dont. nothing personal, im not at the top of my profession either. im glad for him that he found a way to make a name for himself, and im sure that that puts more money in his pocket.

i could be entirely wrong, but i surmise there is truth to my guess.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Like the article says, he dressed like someone who wanted to marry a Luvabull. Which he did.

Saying how terrible he looks might be entertaining and gratifying for you, or for KG, but kind of misses the point. I'd try to write more, but I can't really improve on the article I linked.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There is not giving a ****, then there is not giving a ****.

On the one hand, there are those who simply dress without regard for the "rules." This always looks bad. Not understanding what sort of glen plaid is appropriate for a suit versus an odd jacket, not understanding what fabrics are appropriate for winter versus summer, etc. Most of the worst WAWRN outfits are of this sort. I know many will want to argue the point with me, but perhaps if you assume it is the same point Vox once made about coherency (it is the same), there will be no need for that. Another word for what I'm talking about: ignorance.

Then there is not giving a **** when actually, you really give a ****. All of the examples of people who look good, yet are said to not give a ****, are people who are breaking rules in a concerted, purposeful manner that shows they know exactly what the rules are. LabelKing comes to mind. This is a whole sort of different animal--much more rare and exotic. It's also infinitely harder to pull off, because it is actually giving a whole ton of *****.

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand, but imagine for one second that you don't know who TTO is, you've never heard of him, nor have you ever seen a picture of him. Can you really say that he is extremely comfortable in his outfit from just this picture? That his outfit works because he's so unconcerned?

does the look on the man's face seem to say he gives an eff what anyone else thinks of whether or not he's comfortable in his own skin ?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He would likely dress differently if he had a different job, but I doubt he thought of it as a career move really. He's a sideline reporter, that's barely real journalism. The only person who thinks it is is Jim Gray, who is an unrelenting douchebag.

why then?

Like the article says, he dressed like someone who wanted to marry a Luvabull. Which he did.
Saying how terrible he looks might be entertaining and gratifying for you, or for KG, but kind of misses the point. I'd try to write more, but I can't really improve on the article I linked.

it is neither entertaining nor gratifying for me to say he looks terrible. it is merely the facts. i dont care how he dresses, it makes him happy or accomplishes whatever it does for him, and that is wonderful.

as far as KG is concerned, i do have to say, it really must be hard to find yourself being asked any kind of real question from someone dressed that way, and be expected to take it seriously. i dont blame him for what he said, and it seems the two of them get along amicable and dont harbor ill will towards one another. the guy looks like a clown, and that makes it hard to consider any serious interview question that he poses.

so what point am i missing. his clothing atrocious, he doesnt care. he is happy. what else is there?

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not understanding what sort of glen plaid is appropriate for a suit versus an odd jacket

Where is this wellspring of knowledge? This is the obscure **** that literally NO ONE outside of a few traditionalists cares about. And I want to know it because I am naturally conservative and if there are traditions and rules, I want to know them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads