• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eh, you guys just need to chill.

It's the holidays and I feel like we're just making fun of these kids who line up a week before some shoes comes out.

We can't be talking about flyknits and tech pants all the damn time.

Here's some Nikes 2014 Winter Medal Stand collection: http://winter2014.nikeinc.com/

And here's some Kobe9 masterpiece fit pics.

thenewjs

Reaction score

It's the holidays and I feel like we're just making fun of these kids who line up a week before some shoes comes out.

Here's some Nikes 2014 Winter Medal Stand collection: http://winter2014.nikeinc.com/

Very mixed feelings about these.

Never understood how anyone can play ball in lowtops. It's like going raw in a known skeez.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh man, they look dope. I'm starting to like them more and more, BUT, they look HORRIBLE if you aren't playing ball in them. They just aren't a casual sneaker in any way.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Never understood how anyone can play ball in lowtops. It's like going raw in a known skeez. 

It's less restrictive and tends to be lighter plus if you play professionally your ankles is wrapped professionally anyways.

As for regular play, if you aren't prone to rolling your ankles then it shouldn't be a problem. **** happens and if you roll your ankle bad enough by stepping on someones foot, a high-top sneakers will likely not do much to help anyways.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
honestly, i deal with like 6 different aau teams and they all wear hyperdunks, new KDs, lebron 10s or kobe 8s

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^no unless the aau team is specifically involved with adidas.

the tech just isn't there.

it's funny, they say the lebron 11 are revolutionary from an industrial design perspective but all my kids say they hurt their feet

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
nice man thanks pretty pricey for a hoodie not sure if I should wait or cop

thenewjs

Reaction score
honestly, i deal with like 6 different aau teams and they all wear hyperdunks, new KDs, lebron 10s or kobe 8s

When I was playing high school ball I remember insurers required that the team provide high-tops. Nephew played college ball and i remember the insurance company required the school to provide high-tops as the team shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads