• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newspaper delivery?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you get a newspaper delivered? I'm thinking of subscribing again. My wife used to get the Times and Journal at work, but her employer canceled them this year as a cost-cutting measure. Ridiculous. I used to get the Saturday and Sunday Times but in a month and a half at my new place Uptown, I never received a single copy so canceled. I was never able to determine if they were being stolen from the stoop or just never sent, despite NYT's promise of replacement copies time and again....

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you considered a local service? It makes sense if you need (or would like) a guaranteed early delivery. I like the idea of supporting a small local business, but you don't get the savings the publisher offers. Of course that doesn't make any difference if you're not getting your paper, right? Alpert's on Great Jones Street is good, but don't know how far up they go....

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Yes. I get the Wall Street Journal, which I read everyday in the shower before work (I hang it over the shower curtain rod). I also read the G-d awful local paper on-line.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used to get the times daily. Then canceled it. Then my wife ordered the weekend. When we moved, we canceled it. Then we got the weekend again. Now we get daily delivery again. I like getting it on weekends, but don't need the daily and wouldn't be upset if we got rid of the weekend edition as well.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
I get the New York Times on Friday/Saturday/Sunday and the Seattle P-I seven days a week.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I get the Los Angeles Times and the Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Since one of her two brothers is a staff writer for the L.A. Times and my great-great grandfather Andy Francisco founded the L.A. Times, we have a certain loyalty to the Times. I've been reading it almost all my life, at least whenever I have been living in California, which has been all but about seven years of my life.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not home delivery, but at work. I had too many problems with home delivery.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Globe and Mail at work during the week, and at home on Saturday

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Globe and Mail daily (exc. Sun). I read the first section in the can in the morning and the Report on Business later on at work.

Nicholas

Reaction score
Currently only have one daily newspaper delivered to me. I'm thinking about subscribing to another (The Times), weekends only though.

MagV

Reaction score
No. i read the papers they provide at work during my 1/2 hour lunch, but that's as much as I can stand. I find the act pretty depressing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads