• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few items disappeared (not sold) from my dreambox last night. Anyone knows what might have happened to them? It happened before and after some time they reappeared. 

That happened to me as well. Half my Dreambox items vanished as well as one item in my shopping cart...?

mystry613

Reaction score
This has happened to many of my items as well.

I switched to a non-US YOOX version of the site, and I could see the items by searching for them (e.g. by showing all items from the brand). I have no idea why they do such things. Maybe they want to hide these items from an upcoming US sale but they often apply sales to particular items, so I really don't know.

Last edited:

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@mystry613 I found one item available in China and another in China, Canada and EU. Yoox has local warehouses in China, Germany, Italy, and US and I suppose when an item is returned it'll stay locally. But what's the business rationale to hide certain items from some regions? E.g. a few pieces from certain Italian designers are available in the US but not in the EU at unusually low original prices.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latest Yoox order issue:

I purchased some Black Fleece Brooks Brothers trousers at size34 but when I received the item it was size BB3,which is equivalent to a size 36 on Brooks Brother Black Fleece sizing chart. They ended up giving me 10% off the trousers. The pants fit will regardless so kept anyway

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Latest Yoox order issue:

I purchased some Black Fleece Brooks Brothers trousers at size34 but when I received the item it was size BB3,which is equivalent to a size 36 on Brooks Brother Black Fleece sizing chart. They ended up giving me 10% off the trousers. The pants fit will regardless so kept anyway

Enjoy your White privilege!

here in Europe they would never give you a penny off and just say ..."whatever, return them, we don't care about your pants-problems".

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This has happened to many of my items as well.

I switched to a non-US YOOX version of the site, and I could see the items by searching for them (e.g. by showing all items from the brand). I have no idea why they do such things. Maybe they want to hide these items from an upcoming US sale but they often apply sales to particular items, so I really don't know.

I called customer service this morning and they are supposedly going to email me back after they investigate what's going on. Someone else had reported the same issue so they are aware of it. We'll see...

mystry613

Reaction score
Thanks for the update! That's so weird if unintentional. The items seemed to have disappeared not instantaneously, as if someone or some longer process was doing it.

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Enjoy your White privilege!

here in Europe they would never give you a penny off and just say ..."whatever, return them, we don't care about your pants-problems".

Don't black people wear Brooks Brothers, shop on Yoox, and live in Rhode Island?

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I called customer service this morning and they are supposedly going to email me back after they investigate what's going on. Someone else had reported the same issue so they are aware of it. We'll see...

Just got an email back saying they were unable to replicate or determine the issue I experienced, and suggested it could be related to the browser I'm using, BAH! I was using the app on my Android.

mystry613

Reaction score
Then the right hand is unaware of the actions of the left. I see this on all browsers, and the app as well. I bet the others do as well.

UK2004

Reaction score
Two of my most wanted items alongside several others have disappeared from my dreambox too.....annoying.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two of my most wanted items alongside several others have disappeared from my dreambox too.....annoying.

After getting the totally unhelpful template email reply from customer service, I called them back and they had no real answers. Seems like no surprise from others' experience.

They said the items could have been "de-listed". Maybe with a promo coming up they wanted to exclude certain items, but that seems like it would have been an odd way to have gone about it.

As a US customer, presumably the items were at the NJ warehouse, and if pulled from the online listings...why?

I have not yet gone back done a search for the same items however to see if they are still up in the overall inventory for sale.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you go about selecting small suit/sportcoat sizes(examples 44S US Size). Are all the suit sizes Regular sizes?

UK2004

Reaction score
I've found one of my items that disappeared from dream box now showing up on yoox Hong Kong. Does this mean it's at their warehouse and won't ever be available to yoox uk. It's strange a s other items are on both sites in same size and same numbers available?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics