• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chopper88

Reaction score
Because we like to thrift NWT's.
You do have a point, though. The Pal Zileri blazer I mentioned earlier was certainly a store return from at least five years ago, but its main problem was that the sleeves had been shortened and had functioning (possibly handmade) buttonholes, but were 10 cm shorter than my shortest ones!!! Needless to say, it went on its way back ASAP. I did take some photos of it, and will post if anyone's curious.

It wasn't meant as critique saying "you shouldn't order if you complain"
smile.gif

My post was mainly directed @ ghantoucci, I would resolve the trouble I had with them first, before ordering again, to prevent all sorts of difficulties at once. Whilst I've heard about some problems with returns, I've never heard of someone having to return a damaged item in two orders, and Yoox complaining that the buyer damaged the items on both returns...

When I returned a damaged item the first time, I didn't hear anything, just got a refund like the previous x times.

ghantoucci

Reaction score
well it is not a matter of loving to order from them..I would love a substitute..they know that this is why they have kind of monopoly..like ebay, there might be other websites yet more traffic to sell there...you cannot really find the items you find on YOOX in a lot of places...most of the customer service, not all, are nice yet I bet they do not know the real picture of their company..as was mentioned earlier I think their product control check the items when they are returned not when they are shipped to the customer...if anybody know a substitute please let me know

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So did they make you keep it? Did you complain to your CC company? Sounds like bullshit, on the other hand a ton of people buy use wear damage and try to return... Seems like they receive from stores and don't examine, but only examine once it is returned.

Also what constitutes an "odor"? Some cheap cologne? Musk, Mildew, etc? Seems very arbitrary some stuff smells pretty bad from the factory after treatments and processes.

Last edited:

McKriss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It wasn't meant as critique saying "you shouldn't order if you complain" :)  
My post was mainly directed @ ghantoucci, I would resolve the trouble I had with them first, before ordering again, to prevent all sorts of difficulties at once. Whilst I've heard about some problems with returns, I've never heard of someone having to return a damaged item in two orders, and Yoox complaining that the buyer damaged the items on both returns...

When I returned a damaged item the first time, I didn't hear anything, just got a refund like the previous x times.
It wasn't meant as critique saying "you shouldn't order if you complain" :)  
My post was mainly directed @ ghantoucci, I would resolve the trouble I had with them first, before ordering again, to prevent all sorts of difficulties at once. Whilst I've heard about some problems with returns, I've never heard of someone having to return a damaged item in two orders, and Yoox complaining that the buyer damaged the items on both returns...

I didn't take it that way. Just made an observation or assumption as you may call it. I think there is an inherent sense of risk when ordering from yoox.

ghantoucci

Reaction score
there is a risk at this point of time I am still taking hoping not for long..as solving the issues with them will not work cause they do not want to investigate more..I offered to take the items to the city to their offices and they refused..I am honest and I tried to go out of my way to prove something is wrong yet they do not want to acknowledge it...it is more than once and twice..I order a ton of items from them..I mean a ton so I am more prone to receive defective items due to the order volume..at the beginning if the defect was manageable ( since I know some tailoring ) I used to ask them for price adjustment...I think they started thinking I damage the items to get adjustments...they stopped giving me adjustments now and they ask to return the items...yet I am still receiving defected items no matter how many times they say we are taking pictures of them... this is the end of the sleeve of the margiela jacket received a week ago..I am in dilemma if I should send it back or no since I paid $350 for it...all over the jacket you can see the color fading...and they still insist that they examine stuff before shipping them

ultramantaro

Reaction score
To date I have yet to find a problem with Yoox except for one of suits I got which I know was severely discounted as it was defective (wrong stitching, etc.) I probably should have returned it but kept it as the price was pretty good. Turns out I wear it all the time and didn't care at the end ...

Reading through the forums here I know that some of the items are off-spec or defective from Yoox, but for the most part they are NOS (New old stock - usually stuff 1 season or older), or factory samples. No problems with return either (knock on lots of wood)

But it is true that when I see stuff come in during the peak sale season, the orig tags tend to be gone as it's likely tried on more than once. With the online model there's always going to be an issue of scrutiny.

Last edited:

ghantoucci

Reaction score
what I notice through time is they know about items that are not 100% defect free and they tend to bring the price dramatically on them before other stuff...cause you also notice some items where they barely bring the price down...I sent them few items that were defected and I saw them online again..I called to ask since I filled the return form as defective and I usually attach a note to where the defect is and the reply the same " our team found the item is sellable " so right there I have no comment since what that meant that whenever you see a cheaply price item sold and went back to stock, there is a reason why the buyer sent it back...

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way too many Yoox conspiracy theories. They are in a volume business, period. They will not take the time to inspect the goods carefully because it's not cost effective. Hell, they probably buy most of their stock by weight. You want better protection and service shop at The Corner. But you won't because you're cheap like the rest of us bottom feeders.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've emailed them after finding an issue with an item before. They requested pics then gave me a 15% discount or free return (no $6 fee).

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Been buying from YOOX for years, never have any problems with the merchandise. Returned twice for sizing issue. So I guess the problem is you are blacklisted because you ordered a lot and kept a few, or none (wardrobing?) or only you have recurrent damaged goods issue as reason seeking discount.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had Tonello blazer that was marking everything with it's unrinsed fabric. Perhaps sample merchandise issue. Hogan bag with discolored leather and that is all in more than 7 years. In Tonello case I was offered not only return but also refund for any dry-cleaning fees (which I declined). Hogan bag, they requested picture and then accepted free return.
Recently I had Barbour send me one of their fugly jackets (my bad I succumbed to temptation) and the jacket was not only ill-fitting but absolutely filthy with worn sleeves. How on Earth Barbour accepts such returns is beyond me ,but as you can see it happens to anyone.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads