1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Well-Known Member

The question of what size the length measurement comes from if there is more than one size available has also come up in this thread before, but I don't think anybody has so far been able to give a comparison measurement from an actual purchase - even knowing one size's measurement might be helpful if they consistently gave, say, the length of the largest or the smallest size. Then again, of course that would only make sense if sold-out sizes didn't disappear entirely (but were only grayed-out) as otherwise you wouldn't know if the length displayed didn't pertain to a no-longer-available larger/smaller size.

I think all these issues just show that Yoox is the brainchild of a businessman, not a clothes/fashion afficionado (Marchetti has conceded as much about himself in interviews), and how much Yoox stands to learn in such aspects from a competitor like net-a-porter. So I don't really see the merger in such negative light as some others here.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. harlemriver

harlemriver Well-Known Member

Friends and Family sale on TheCorner. Code: TCFFSS15\

First round of drops on SS @ YOOX - check your dreambox.

Off topic, but I need your help. Contrary to my normal affinities, I am actually liking some of these neoprene sweatshirts - think Neil Barrett. Some are made with polyester and some Lyocell.

I had a terrible experience with polyester in high school - it really stunk, literally - and vowed it out my life since that time. Lyocell is supposedly more smell resistant than cotton.

Does anyone have any experience with these polyester and lyocell shirts? Do they smell?

These 'technical' fabrics are dirt cheap and en masse now that ath-leisure and sportswear are so popular. The prices are crazy, but some of the stuff is nice. But I don't want to pay crazy prices fro a stinky fabric.

3. aglose

aglose Well-Known Member

When you order a high end suit like EZ or Isaia does Yoox send you the fancy hangar that usually comes with those items in a retail store?

4. circumspice

circumspice Well-Known Member

5. harlemriver

harlemriver Well-Known Member

No.

6. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Well-Known Member

No hangars but I've gotten a garment bag with a Zegna suit before from Yoox

7. aglose

aglose Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies!

8. mishon

mishon Well-Known Member

Ditto on Isaia. Received 2 nice garment bags with the coral embellishment.

9. Medwed

Medwed Well-Known Member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    Ok everyone gets a free fucking hanger. Any new codes?

10. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

15FOR3

Extra 15% off all items. Good until 11:59 PM on April 23.

11. McKriss

McKriss Well-Known Member

No go for EU

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Picked up these three jackets last night:

One of them was a return, someone here?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jazerad

jazerad Well-Known Member

14. Tom Pepper

Tom Pepper Well-Known Member

New code: ENJOYCOLORS

10%, 15%, or 20% off dream box items.

As a side note, it's probably not a good sign when the same item has disappeared and re-appeared several times, right? I know personally , I have had to return quite a few things because of their condition. You would think if something is repeatedly returned , maybe they should take a hint.

15. sparrow

sparrow Well-Known Member

Thanks
    Discount reflected in box or at checkout?

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  16. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Or the fit/material is very different than expected. All of my Yoox returns that I can remember are due to poor fit -- usually the item is much tighter than I thought it would be.

17. 518aata

518aata Well-Known Member

It only shows up after you enter the code at checkout.

1 person likes this.
  18. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Well-Known Member

For EU users: There appears to be another promo going on in parallel to ENJOYCOLORS. "RADAR10" gives 10 per cent off selected items. (Strangely enough, some of these appear to be also covered by higher discounts with ENJOYCOLORS. The mysteries of Yoox...)

I have twice so far received items (1 shirt, 1 T-shirt) that smelled suspiciously as if they had been washed. One of them had re-appeared after having been sold out for several months(!). I guess I should have known that couldn't be a good sign.

19. ffdg11

ffdg11 Active Member

Not really, sometimes the model wears a size up or size down on the pictures, so when you get the item it may run bigger or smaller than expected so people just return. I've picked items from my dreambox that have gone sold out twice and they were flawless, also when something is returned many times, price is reduced eventually.

20. Keoke

Keoke Well-Known Member

Nowadays there are less deals to be had outright on Yoox. For example, there are now 250 Euro Lanvin shirts, 400 Euro Givenchy t-shirts (which I don not intend to buy, was only checking out the range on offer). These are new collection prices at Luisa Via Roma or any brick and mortar.

Years ago I can remember that this was not the case, the starting price would be much lower than retail.

Nevertheless, the choice on Yoox remains huge, diverse and unmatched by any other online retailer.

Last edited: May 15, 2015