• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW TAILOR BESPOKE NAPLES

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually think it is very likely having read what he did with bloggers, magazine etc... and also heard some direct stories from people in the industry in Naples.

Again, you have no evidence of this so it is purely speculation. Pirozzi is a tiny tailor with no following and I highly doubt there is any commission involved in this. Maybe Gianni gets a small discount on his commissions, if he even gets this.

When you have evidence please feel free to share it. Until then it is useless speculation and not worth the commentary.

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who told you that Pirozzi is a small tailor BTW?

And off course the kick backs are in the order of free clothing or heavely discounted ones. He has/had a blog as well when he was starting up is tie business.... This was evident from day one when he started this and the shirtmaker thread.

You think that after all the conning he did on this site would still be posting about his "review" of his tailor, if he did not have at least promised him that each "commission" would be featured...

jedwards

Reaction score

Who told you that Pirozzi is a small tailor BTW?

And off course the kick backs are in the order of free clothing or heavely discounted ones. He has/had a blog as well when he was starting up is tie business.... This was evident from day one when he started this and the shirtmaker thread.

You think that after all the conning he did on this site would still be posting about his "review" of his tailor, if he did not have at least promised him that each "commission" would be featured...

I understand where you are coming from Marco, but whatever his commercial relationship with Mr. Pirozzi, the outcome is people on here are getting some useful photos on his work. In my view, this is largely a good thing because it is showing different styles available in Naples - most of what we see online from this region is very 'soft' (because, yes, people who commission and then post about this type of thing want the 'soft' look) but Mr. Pirozzi seems to be the first tailor I've seen from this region who does a much harder silhouette.

Again, none of it is to my taste, not because of the quality of the tailor's workmanship, but the styling Gianni chooses is probably in his own words... Quite eccentric.

Some might reasonably argue that this whole thread is actually damaging the prospect of Mr. Pirozzi gaining international clientelle (if indeed he is even seeking it) because of the outrageousness of some of Gianni's concoctions...

I believe there was a tailor somewhere, someplace in Italy who once said "please don't put my work online, I don't want to be known as the guy who made the orange trousers I may lose my dignified clientele". There may well be some wisdom in his words.

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed I think both Pirozzi and the shirtmaker do not need GC reviews, however they did gain some customers thanks to this thread. IF GC wants to still gets more items "commissioned" he need to show that more customer will go.

You can search some of Pirozzi pre-GC work on the italian forum noveporte.

Again, we are seeing examples of a shoulder line that was common in the 1970, but the jacket is not more structured in general that the neapolitan average. Let's not forget that Fabric plays a huge part. My jackets in 11-12 oz english fabrics looks more "shaped" then the ones in Loro Piana Tasmanian 120/130s or E.Zegna 110s...

carpu65

Reaction score
This is a Pirozzi's coat for a suit of Mr Daniele Savarè.
When is well guided Pirozzi is a very versatile and skilful tailor.
Note how much is clean and sharp this coat.
Unfortunately many pictures of Pirozzi's work depict garish things like the horse blanket of Gianni.
But the cut of Pirozzi is very remarkable;he is one of few Neapolitan tailors remained of the true Neapolitan structurate school.

mactire

Reaction score
Again, you have no evidence of this so it is purely speculation. Pirozzi is a tiny tailor with no following and I highly doubt there is any commission involved in this. Maybe Gianni gets a small discount on his commissions, if he even gets this.

When you have evidence please feel free to share it. Until then it is useless speculation and not worth the commentary.

Did you come down the Hudson in the last shower? Well known that bloggers like Crompton et al. or indeed most folk with an online presence e.g. London Lounge are to quote Maggie 'On the make and on the take'. If you think its any different there's no hope for you.

jedwards

Reaction score
What difference does that make to you or I, as fairly educated commissioners of these products?

We get the chance to see a load of tailoring pics from possibly previously unknown tailors we might not otherwise get to see....

mactire

Reaction score
What difference does that make to you or I, as fairly educated commissioners of these products?

We get the chance to see a load of tailoring pics from possibly previously unknown tailors we might not otherwise get to see....

Fair point, my heart lies with those who may not know.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair point, my heart lies with those who may not know.

Lets not liken Gianni to Crompton or any other blogger...

and again, you have no proof...and this thread does not have much traction...so i doubt there are any major kickbacks. when you have evidence, please post it.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, too, tend to think that Gianni's not getting a discount or kickbacks, but rather that he's doing it as a friendly favour.

However, given Gianni's reputation on this forum, I think that instead of doing Pirozzi a favour, he's more likely doing him a disservice.

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Evidence was posted about Gianni behaviour with tailors and shoemakers, but removed by the poster not to damage the third party I guess. GC was not Pirozzi client before this internet campaign and his blog, so there was no favour to a friend as you put it. The thread not having much traction does not matter once one or two people have already ordered (early on in the thread). As he kept asking the tailor for free CMT, he is assuring him that he will be posting it as advertisement. It is blatant, come on, especially after he disappear from this site because of being found out on his dodgy tie business.

If he had been a long term client of Mr Pirozzi, as it is often the case in Italy with your barber, tailor, corner shop etc that you have patron for years, it would be part of the culture to recommend them to others

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads