• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neil Young

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I was talking to the Geek, man. Don't get your panties in a twist.

Yeah, I know, I wasn't attacking you. Just stating my experience with college girls and the SF type.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, I wasn't attacking you. Just stating my experience with college girls and the SF type.
I would think they'd totally dig on streetwear.

In fact I should go finish my MBA and check it out.
devil.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rediscovering Neil, particularly the Stills & Young album "Long May You Run". Underrated.

crease

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Neil is in the process of issuing some very old live recordings from his archives. So far one 1970 'electric' recording w/ Crazy Horse at the Filmore East, and a nice 'accoustic' set from 1971 at Massey Hall. These are killer!
worship.gif

I just recently got 1971 Live at Massey Hall on FLAC.
I can't say enough about Neil's performance here. And the sound quality. The sound quality is absolutely amazing.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I cannot bbelieve how much Nicolette Larson adds to the "Comes a Time" and "Tonight's the Night" albums. It's hard to believe that a vocice like hers is gone (RIP 1996). No one aside from Emmylou Harris can harmonize with Neil like Nicolette (obvious exceptions being David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash). RIP Nicolette, you were something else
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Something about Neil's stuff makes it so easy to listen to; you don't get sick of it. Were I to make a cross-country trip, some of the first CDs I would grab would be Neil.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I cannot bbelieve how much Nicolette Larson adds to the "Comes a Time" and "Tonight's the Night" albums.

It's hard to believe that a vocice like hers is gone (RIP 1996). No one aside from Emmylou Harris can harmonize with Neil like Nicolette (obvious exceptions being David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash).

RIP Nicolette, you were something else
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

"Tonight's the Night"?
confused.gif
I think you mean "American Stars & Bars"...

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
You have to hear the new Massey Hall concert LP. Great performance in breathtaking sound. The new Archives sets are terrific as well.

z7f9q

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crease
I just recently got 1971 Live at Massey Hall on FLAC.
I can't say enough about Neil's performance here. And the sound quality. The sound quality is absolutely amazing.

It's clear as a bell. I love that album.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Came across these two Neil Young videos on Youtube recently. I'm not necessarily a huge Neil Young fan, but I like these alot. Nice to compare:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

frackk00

Reaction score
I can't stop listening to Neil Young's Unknown Legend. I learned of that song while watching "Rachel Getting Married." It was the song the man sang at the altar. It has to be one of the sweetest songs.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw CSN a few years ago. It was the only concert I had been to where the fans told me to stop smoking pot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads