• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neck Exercises

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^that's what i use. it works, but you will look like a ******* moron.
well anyoen that tries to look cool working out, is a ******* moron but may not look like one.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kris
Invest in a 40$ head harness and some weight plates. You will get results fast, but start with light weights or you'll have some uncomfortable days ahead.

Originally Posted by why
Boxers do lots of neck bridges. I don't know if it'll increase the size of your neck (marginally, if at all I'd assume) but you'll be able to take a punch better.

Originally Posted by scarphe
this
http://www.ringside.com/Ringside-Wei...ductinfo/NS+1/

and some weights probably best way to develop your neck.

+1

Do as the boxers do. They'll have 5 ft 7ish guys with 16inch necks.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On checking out Pavel's beginning kettlebell video, he has a warmup where you hold the kettlebell close to your head and move it in circles around your face and head. It feels wonderful, really loosens up my neck and shoulders.

edit: I find it works better doing it as a warm-down after doing pullups, or to relax me after a stressful day at work than an actual warmup or neck exercise...but I thought I'd throw this out there anyway in case anyone can get any benefit.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Muay Thai clinch wrestling

elliottmatthew

Reaction score
If you are being treated for a neck problem, exercise under the direction of your health care provider. Yoga neck exercises will improve health and it is flexible to do. I read one article that too much care may be increase pain.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any good stretches or exercises for dealing with neck pain?

I have had minor neck pain for a while but in the last few months it has gotten progressively worse. It feels a bit like there is a knot on the right side of my neck that will not go away and is pressing my head forward. Even fairly minor activities like spending long amounts of time with my head swiveled to one side to talk to someone (ie at a bar) cause pretty unpleasant discomfort.

One factor here that I know is not helping my cause is my job which requires looking at a computer for 12 hours a day. I have done my best to make the set-up as ergonomic as possible but I have no doubt this was the original cause of the pain.

The obvious answer is to see a chiropractor which I will do but wanted to see if anyone else had good advice.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ http://www.exrx.net/ is good. i would see a physio clinic so they can help you pinpoint specifics and give you a routine to clear up the issues. sometimes it's not even what you would think. i had a right knee pain, turns out it was a weak ass muscle. my buddy had an elbow problem, turns out it was his lower back.

Opermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesterM
+ deadlifts and pullups

+1 and bent over rows. If you dont have any weight training experience or if you're the guy who only does bench presses and arms, I wouldn't recommend neck exercises. Stupidest way to hurt yourself if all you're looking for is a bigger neck. Start with a good total back routine and the neck size will come.

Opermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Anyone have any good stretches or exercises for dealing with neck pain?

I have had minor neck pain for a while but in the last few months it has gotten progressively worse. It feels a bit like there is a knot on the right side of my neck that will not go away and is pressing my head forward. Even fairly minor activities like spending long amounts of time with my head swiveled to one side to talk to someone (ie at a bar) cause pretty unpleasant discomfort.

One factor here that I know is not helping my cause is my job which requires looking at a computer for 12 hours a day. I have done my best to make the set-up as ergonomic as possible but I have no doubt this was the original cause of the pain.

The obvious answer is to see a chiropractor which I will do but wanted to see if anyone else had good advice.

I use a handy device called a theracane. It's great for releasing trigger points in my back and shoulders, which is more than likely causing your neck pain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads