• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few staple pick-ups in Napoli recently: 2-button SB in Lesser 13oz pinstripe, and 2-button 3-piece in Lesser GB. Both coats receiving very minor tweaks to eliminate some wrinkling along the sides and tighter anchoring around the neck. Shirting is NSM, tie is Cappelli.
file-11.jpg

file-12.jpg

file-13.jpg

The suit looks great! I especially like the lapel width and notch height, both of which looks less extreme (slightly lower and slightly slimmer) than what I got. Due to your instructions, or just how it turned out?

The overcoat looks great too; have recently been comtemplating one myself as I have a design in mind I can't seem to locate anywhere else.

Noob question: Are all bespoke overcoats made with full canvas? Even for a softer, more casual number?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The suit looks great! I especially like the lapel width and notch height, both of which looks less extreme (slightly lower and slightly slimmer) than what I got. Due to your instructions, or just how it turned out?
The overcoat looks great too; have recently been comtemplating one myself as I have a design in mind I can't seem to locate anywhere else.
Noob question: Are all bespoke overcoats made with full canvas? Even for a softer, more casual number?

Agreed. Very nice fit.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That looks really great, Eddie. I'm looking forward to seeing your coat as well. When's the next fitting?

Am trying to coincide a few meetings in NYC, and if these go through will be the week after Thanksgiving. I also have a few vests to work through (2-3 odd tweeds, two as part of suits), forwards for two suits (windowpane DB, PoW 3-piece), and basted fittings for two new odd jackets.

Coat looks great but I'm not sure I dig what's going on at the bottom / hem there. Is that NSM's typical aversion for lining?

The overcoat is half lined; I noticed the same thing as well but decided to wear it for now and see how things go. I may decide to have the thing fully lined, but that would also be a function of how warm the coat wears.

Great overcoat MT. Aren't the sleeves a bit short though?

This is something I noticed as well. The shirt was brand new so the sleeves should shorten a bit with the first few washes. I decided to wear the overcoat for now and may subsequently let out the sleeves a touch if needed.

Looks great. A light fabric for an overcoating - is that under 20oz.?

IIRC it's 485 grams or about 17 oz. I tend to overheat easily so prefer to layer as needed.

My pattern has evolved over time, partially due to my feedback and partially due to what Mina decides to "experiment" on my commissions. I'm happy with the gorge, lapel width and pocket placement for suit jackets, although will still experiment more willingly with odd coats.

Not sure about all bespoke overcoats, but this one does have full canvas.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Knee-length DB overcoat in grey herringbone wool/cashmere blend, flapped patch pockets and rear half belt. Also had a basted fitting for a knee-length SB overcoat in pure navy cashmere - will snap pics at the forward.
file-2.jpg

Good looking overcoat. I had talked to Mina and Dino last winter about having an overcoat made up, and she seemed very excited about the possibilities. After seeing yours I will definitely have to talk to them about having a overcoat in either dark grey or navy made up for myself. Thanks for sharing the photos.

-LR

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll post pics of the chunky brown/beige herringbone cashmere jacket I picked up yesterday. (I can't wait for cold weather now :) )

psg, have you had a chance yet to snap some pics of the herringbone coat? Curious as to how it turned out...

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll post pics of the chunky brown/beige herringbone cashmere jacket I picked up yesterday. (I can't wait for cold weather now :) )

G, how're those pics coming along??

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There more examples of NSM's skill I see, the more impressed I am. Did this firm pop on menswear sites just like that or have they been known for years now?

They've been known around SF since 2009 or so. Started gaining traction early last year.

Last edited:

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Medtech - man, that coat is solid. I will see them in December, and was contemplating getting started on an overcoat. I think this sealed it. I've got some fabric I'd like to use, but forgot to ask how much they need for a knee length overcoat. I'm anticipating about a yard more than a standard jacket - do you happen to know how much she used for the SB you are getting?

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've been known around SF since 2009 or so. Started gaining traction early last year.

I sought them out after Vox sang Mina's praises ... I figured if he was satisfied, I would be ....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads