• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My personal opinion on the Italian tailors.

PerfectStyle

Reaction score
Sartoria Luigi Gallo —

the ultimate bespoke tailor, incredibly nice suits . Something to try once in a lifetime . After having tried elsewhere so many different MTM offerings and even a few bespoke offerings, I noticed that I was always unsatisfied with the end result. Therefore, I came to wonder whether it was actually me being too picky, or whether it was the previous tailors falling down on the job. To get to the bottom of it, as an experiment, I decided that if I ordered a bespoke suit from the best of the best and I was still unsatisfied, then it would prove once and for all that my standards for besopke tailoring were unrealistic, and that I should cut my previous tailors some slack. Well, as it turns out, Marco Gallo did not dissapoint me in any way, and even surpassed many of my expectations. The problem now is that it’s hard to unring the bell and go back to a previous state of unknowingness about what great tailoring should be — my little experiment has opened my eyes to the fact that many people who claim to be tailors these days are in fact nothing more than salemen who have taken a few courses in suitmaking.

Cesare Attolini —
Amazing RTW suits and SC’s, with a generous lapel. Not to be confused with the bespoke Naples tailor called Attolini — the two brands having nothing to do with eachother, not even a family connection from what I understand. Cesare Attolini is one of those luxurious handmade RTW brands, like Kiton and Brioni, that actually retails for a higher price than a bespoke suit. Of those three ludicrously-priced brands, I think it’s the most beautiful and feels the nicest to wear. They also make suits for other brands, at varying levels of cost and qualilty, so you can look for their trademark yellow size label inside the trousers to identify whether another high-end italian RTW suit is actually made by Attolini — e.g. Luciano Barbera Sartoriale is made by them, among others. The wonderful handmade construction and details of the Attolini topline are on par with bespoke, which can explain the high RRP.

Caraceni —
As you know, there is A. Caraceni, D. Caraceni and Tommy & Giulio Caraceni, a feuding family of world class tailors, each claiming the title of best bespoke tailor on the planet. I couldn’t say, as I only have Tommy & Giulio Caraceni, but this has got to be close to the top of the top. Certainly better than almost everything else I own. The cut is super classic, almost to the point of being boring, but it’s so well executed that it becomes exciting again. Now that’s skill.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads