• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My own "this week's shoe damage" thread.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the SF Tramezza Fervido bit loafers in the mail and I am very happy. The fit is almost spot on (I say "almost" because my right foot is wider than my left so in any RTW shoes the fit is never perfect for me) and I really like the styling. I like that it's a loafer, which gives a casual air, but it's sleeker and more stylish than, say, AE loafers. Thanks to diorshoe for the size information.

Here are the pics:

tramezza13hu.jpg

tramezza26br.jpg

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Who'd you get 'em from?

I got them from an ebay seller called ruvke_lz for $350 delivered. I think their pretty nice. I've heard good things about Tramezzas which makes me think that they are worth it.

kcc

Reaction score
Odoreater

Are you thinking of adding EG's to your growing collection. I ordered my second pair recently.
smile.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kcc
Odoreater

Are you thinking of adding EG's to your growing collection. I ordered my second pair recently.
smile.gif

I definitely see myself getting some EGs in the future. But when I do, I want to do the whole thing where I get the shoe professionally fitted so that I get a perfect fit. Right now I'm just a law school graduate who is studying for the bar exam, so I stick to stuff that's relatively inexpensive. My Loakes I picked up from CT using the 50% off link for about $150 each. I got my Chestnut Concords for $140 on STP. The black Concords I paid full retail ($295). The Tramezzas I just bought are my most expensive shoes at $350. After I start working at my firm in September and the money really starts rolling in, I might look into some EGs. After all, the devil himself wears Edward Green
devil.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice, I missed this thread. Did you do anything to the CT Chelseas before taking the pic? How did the size issue work out?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Very nice, I missed this thread. Did you do anything to the CT Chelseas before taking the pic? How did the size issue work out?

Haven't done anything to the CT Chelseas yet, though I plan on eventually trying to do an amateur antiquing job on them (I'll post pics when I do this). I already bought the blue shoe polish
smile.gif
The sizing issue worked out great, I ordered a UK 10G and it fit perfectly. Thanks for the advice you gave me when I was buying them.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Haven't done anything to the CT Chelseas yet, though I plan on eventually trying to do an amateur antiquing job on them (I'll post pics when I do this). I already bought the blue shoe polish
smile.gif
The sizing issue worked out great, I ordered a UK 10G and it fit perfectly. Thanks for the advice you gave me when I was buying them.

Excellent, good to hear. Your pair looks better than mine did when it arrived. Are you going to strip them and everything?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Excellent, good to hear. Your pair looks better than mine did when it arrived. Are you going to strip them and everything?

Well, I just got done with my attempt at antiquing and the results are not bad, but they are not spectacular either. I think they came out too dark. It would be better if the light areas were dark and the dark areas were light. Nevertheless, I don't think it's bad so I'm going to go with this look for a while. Any thoughts?

ctchelsea7qm.jpg

summej2

Reaction score
Spectators would be fun. When I was in high school I wore Doc Marten spectators to school every day and I thought I was the coolest guy around (though, I usually wore them with khakis or cargo pants). It might be fun to figure out a way for me to pull off wearing them now that I'm all grown up.

As for chukkas, I seem to have some kind of aversion to wearing them. Maybe it's because I always thought that any boots I wear should be ass-kicking boots. The Loake Chelsea boots look sufficiently ass-kicking for me to wear them, but for some reason, chukkas don't look good to me. Maybe as my style evolves that will change, but I tend to be a stickler for my ways (though, I have broken down in certain areas in the past - for example, until recently I never wore french cuff shirts).

I have the Tyrwhitt/Loake suede brouge chukkas and like them quite a bit. I wear a EEE in AE (Concords and Glenfields) and find the G fitting in Loakes is good, if a little perhaps slim.

I'm curious how those Loake Bals fit you. I tend to avoid Bals given my wide foot.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by summej2
I have the Tyrwhitt/Loake suede brouge chukkas and like them quite a bit. I wear a EEE in AE (Concords and Glenfields) and find the G fitting in Loakes is good, if a little perhaps slim.

I'm curious how those Loake Bals fit you. I tend to avoid Bals given my wide foot.

I got a pretty wide foot myself. I find that the Loake bals fit pretty well in the G fitting, the only problem is that my heel slips a tad because it's too loose in the back heal area, but I seem to have this problem with a lot of shoes, especially because one foot is bigger than the other, so one shoe fits and the other doesn't fit as well. Here's a shot today that I took of me wearing my Loake bals for another thread:

ltwyning7ru.jpg

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
I got the SF Tramezza Fervido bit loafers in the mail and I am very happy. The fit is almost spot on (I say "almost" because my right foot is wider than my left so in any RTW shoes the fit is never perfect for me) and I really like the styling. I like that it's a loafer, which gives a casual air, but it's sleeker and more stylish than, say, AE loafers. Thanks to diorshoe for the size information.

Here are the pics:

tramezza13hu.jpg

tramezza26br.jpg

those are sweet!
nice, i remember handling those and i wanted one in 10.5D. but never came across one.
the soles and leather on that is solid.
shape is really sleek too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads