• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My next scotch....

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say pick something with some flavor. Talisker 10 comes to mind in the price range.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A family friend's house... I walked into the basement and there was literally a WALL of whiskey to see. And often multiples of the same bottle. I'm sure there are plenty here you guys recognize that I didn't
img2074y.jpg

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I admit to not seeing much ultra rare stuff (though I wonder about those Murray Macs), but you can color me impressed. Very.

~ H

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I'd like VEP because I think monks do God's work in a variety of ways, but I'm not really a fan of Chartreuse. I have little experience with yellow, but the green doesn't do it for me -- waaaaay too sweet and vegetal. Yellow is one my get list though. Bear in mind that shot is like two years old now.

~H

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
A family friend's house... I walked into the basement and there was literally a WALL of whiskey to see. And often multiples of the same bottle.

I'm sure there are plenty here you guys recognize that I didn't

I agree with Hunts on this one. There is not much there that looks too exciting and some of the things that he has multiples of are simply baffling.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The owner of this home bar appears enamored with complete original packaging, including the cardboard boxes or tins in which the scotch is sold. I suspect that some of the "multiples" are actually the empty boxes / tins of the scotch bottles in front of them.

As to a good "rare" scotch, I spy what appears to be a bottle of Glenfiddich 21 Havana Club Rum finish. That's an exceptional scotch which, because it was finished in used Cuban rum barrels, cannot be imported into the US.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I admit to not seeing much ultra rare stuff (though I wonder about those Murray Macs), but you can color me impressed. Very.
~ H

Originally Posted by ama
I agree with Hunts on this one. There is not much there that looks too exciting and some of the things that he has multiples of are simply baffling.

Yeah, I don't know. at the time I didn't know much about the stuff, but was simply impressed with the shear number and range of bottles. Now, I recognize quite a few. I guess he has specific tastes.

Originally Posted by Girardian
The owner of this home bar appears enamored with complete original packaging, including the cardboard boxes or tins in which the scotch is sold. I suspect that some of the "multiples" are actually the empty boxes / tins of the scotch bottles in front of them.
As to a good "rare" scotch, I spy what appears to be a bottle of Glenfiddich 21 Havana Club Rum finish. That's an exceptional scotch which, because it was finished in used Cuban rum barrels, cannot be imported into the US.

I think it's as much a showpiece as appreciation of the stuff itself, hence all the packaging and special edition sets and such. Those multiples may have been some empties, but there were several times where he had 5 of the same bottle, all laid alongside each other.

The Glenfiddich Havana club sounds interesting... i've got a triple barrelled scotch around here (sherry casks and something else), i'll get back to you on the name though. On my list of ones to try.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't really a fan of the 'fiddich 21 Rum finish. The problem isn't the finish, its the tasteless base.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Yeah, I don't know. at the time I didn't know much about the stuff, but was simply impressed with the shear number and range of bottles. Now, I recognize quite a few. I guess he has specific tastes.

I think it's as much a showpiece as appreciation of the stuff itself, hence all the packaging and special edition sets and such. Those multiples may have been some empties, but there were several times where he had 5 of the same bottle, all laid alongside each other.

The Glenfiddich Havana club sounds interesting... i've got a triple barrelled scotch around here (sherry casks and something else), i'll get back to you on the name though. On my list of ones to try.

Auchentoshan Three Wood?

ss10guy3

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are going to university, and the thought of this may be unappealing to you, but Costco in Orange County is selling a delicious Glenlivet 18 year for 50% off this week.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Auchentoshan Three Wood?

Yep, that's the one!, haven't gotten round to trying it yet but it sounded quite interesting.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let us know what you think. I have never really sat down with that particular whisky and "analyzed" it, but in the two or three times I've had it I was left kind of unimpressed. Its not bad, however, for all the work they put into aging the whisky I thought it would be more flavorful.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crumbo