• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Made to Order Heschung Crocus Shoes

jmonroestyle

Reaction score
Today my new made to order Heschung Crocus shoes arrived. Since I live in the Pacific Northwest where it often rains, the Heschung Crocus has been my favorite waterproof shoes to wear for many years now. They have a fairly generous fit that can accommodate a full length orthotic up to 3mm thick at the ball and toe, even though they don't have a removable innersole. They are a good choice for someone who needs a shoe that is wider fitting at the ball, but narrower at the heel. Because of the reverse welt, and the Suportlo leather upper, these shoes are waterproof, yet still breath quite well. I have found that most other waterproof footwear, especially the type that is made with Gore-Tex, or other synthetic fibers in the upper lining, or in the footbed, are just too hot for me to wear.

These shoes have a leather innersole, and are extremely comfortable. Some of the comfort of these shoes is due to the reverse welt, which make them more flexible than a similar shoe with a Goodyear welt.

These shoes are typically made in only black and dark brown. I asked Heschung if they would make up a pair for me in Cognac, and they agreed. The made to order option does increase the price by 50% of the cost of their ready to wear Crocus shoe. However, they do include free shipping, and lasted shoe trees. They also stamp the buyer's initials on the underside of the tongue.

Attachments

• PXL_20220415_203703667.jpg
    PXL_20220415_203703667.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 76
  • PXL_20220415_204104119.jpg
    PXL_20220415_204104119.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 70
  • PXL_20220415_203751297.jpg
    PXL_20220415_203751297.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 222
  • PXL_20220415_203821032.MP[1562].jpg
    PXL_20220415_203821032.MP[1562].jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. My kind of shoes.I have several questions which also may apply
to other SF members:
1. How does one order the shoes?
2. Are they based on RTW sizes?
3. How customizable are they?
eg., I would not get "goyser" stitching

Thanks.

jmonroestyle

Reaction score
Very interesting. My kind of shoes.I have several questions which also may apply
to other SF members:
1. How does one order the shoes?
2. Are they based on RTW sizes?
3. How customizable are they?
eg., I would not get "goyser" stitching

Thanks.
I initiated the order of these shoes by sending an email inquiry to Heschung's customer service:

[email protected]

The shoes are made on a stock, RTW last. I was given a choice of 3 different lasts, and the option of a reverse welt, or a traditional Goodyear welt. I chose the Odeon last, as this is the last normally used for the RTW version of this shoe. Since I already own a number of pairs of this model shoe, I was confident that the MTO version would fit.

I don't know how much further Heschung would be willing to go to further customize a made to order shoe. I figured since all the correspondence about this order was happening online, and there is a chance that the language difference could lead to a miscommunication, I decided to play it safe, and just have the type and color of the leather upper as my only modification from their RTW version of this shoe.

Since MTO shoes are not returnable, it is probably best to first try a Heschung RTW shoe on the same last you would use for a MTO shoe before placing an order for a MTO shoe.

J

Last edited:

jmonroestyle

Reaction score
I didn’t realize Heschung did made to order! Really nice. I love the brand.
Thanks...!

I don't know of any other shoes, at any price point, that I would choose over these Heschungs. The quality of the materials is exceptional, as is the construction. Since the full grain French Calf leather they use is very supple, they are extremely comfortable. I have tried other shoes from some of the various UK Northampton makers, but never found anything that I liked as much as these Heschungs. I was very pleased when they told me they still had a MTO program.

They used to advertise the MTO program on their website, but with the caveat that MTO shoes must be placed through a Heschung retail shop, rather than directly on the Heschung website.

I figured I had nothing to lose by asking if they would except a MTO order directly through their website, and once they responded in the affirmative, I promptly placed my order.

J

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics