• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mozart Bespoke - Central, Hong Kong from TPR

baromatic

Reaction score
New to the forum and looking for some reviews of Mozart Bespoke.

Address
Unit 1103, 11/F, Printing House,
6 Duddell Street, Central, Hong Kong

Recently I've researched Tai Pan Row Tailors in IFC and found a disturbing notice online (which I feel is bad business practice nonetheless) regarding the tailors at Mozart Bespoke that were prior employees at Tai Pan Row.

Curiously I find more info regarding why there may be talented tailors and salesmen that have stemmed from TPR and now doing their best work at there own operation in Central.

Does anyone have experience within the last year from TPR that has had a positive or negative product?

The owners of Mozart are ex-employees named:
Alan Cheung
Mike Yeung
Non ex employee who is at Mozart Bespoke is their cutter/tailor

Recently I have stopped into the shop to see a few pieces and asked for prices on VBC, Loro Piani, Thomas Mason, and Scabel. The range was 9,000-12,500 and seem competitively priced for the fabric where as for super130 LP at A Man Hing Cheong is priced at 16,000.

I am looking only for constructive reviews and customers that have helpful response and indeed not here to produce negativity. Thank you.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are so many so-called tailors, most of whom rely upon sweatshops in either Hung Hom or else across the border that is very doubtful whether they will be known here or indeed be worth going to. You can usually identify these by the prices for shorts and suits (or combinations) which are simply too cheap to be of anything remotely approaching decent quality.

I would put this sort of spin off company in this bracket but decent tailors and other of those required skills are few and far between such that a new business will simply not have them.

baromatic

Reaction score
GBR thanks for the quick reply. Much anticipated and astounded at the speed.

Well, they seem to be 100% actual people since TPR has officially posted some nda actions. Whether right or wrong the online notice on TPR's site legitimizes their asset of these individuals to their past employer which is a good thing since TPR has standing value in their name.

From their Facebook and an in person chat and touch of their display work, it seems the full canvassed work is legit.
The price for three Egyptian cotton shirts was $3600 so it doesn't seem like they are interested in the low end game. Although their persistent push for a three shirt minimum order made me feel the work was going to be farmed out as you say many may do.

A $6500 difference (Mozart quoted $9500) with AMHC is quite high but the cloth is the cloth for that quoted job.

Here is a shot from one of their customers... LP130 finished in February.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooh, fit me Amadeus.

Last edited:

Andy K

Reaction score
I'm a long time customer of Mozart Bespoke and have been an advocate of their work since Alan and Mike first setup their own shop. Although the negative publicity they received from TPR initially put me off, I decided to check out their work.

I have tried numerous HK tailors (including TPR) and the results have been hit or miss......generally misses! I can confirm that Mozart's work is hand made and NOT farmed out. Their suits are high quality and on par with some of the best tailors in HK. I've now had about 5 suits made by them and have been really satisfied with their work on all - give them a try.

Andy K

Reaction score
This is the latest suit they constructed for me. If I remember correctly, it was a 130 Vitale Barberis Canonico, so not top of the line, but I'm happy with it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourduck