• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycle crash (in stop motion)

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of crashes, here's an animated GIF of a motorcycle crash into a car on the Dragon (wait for all of the images to load):

Motorcycle_Crash.gif

More: http://jalopnik.com/5168730/stop+mot...-of-the-dragon

--Andre

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably couldn't make the turn, and steered wide.

--Andre

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool. Looks like he just overcooked that turn, which appears pretty sharp and off-camber. Classic noob mistake. Couldn't have been going very fast...the bike stopped moving pretty quick. Bet he's glad he was wearing a helmet. Dude definitely needs riding boots.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
what's he doing on the wrong side of the road??
Wishing he wore more gear? Too bad there's not pics of just before so we could see how that happened.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
the occurrences of these kinds of accidents in remote areas like the windy mountain road above is what scares me.

let say, my wife or mom is driving that road, a motorbike slams into her side like that above, and the friend (up ahead) is the only accomplice witness.

who's to say they cannot victimize my mom or wife in a false claim that it was her fault? so lucky there was a camera here.
but i cant imagine how these kind of things may not occur more and people getting away with maliciousness.

i dont know just venting since that video made me think.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's pretty random paranoia. Like any other accident, the trier of fact weighs the credibility of the witnesses. If you can take pictures of the scene, with say a camera phone, you can see where the bike and the debris lay, and it's not hard to speculate on what really happened. I'm more worried about the situation in reverse - bikers being victims of hit and runs. Bikers usually have nobody to back them up and often suffer head trauma.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
That's pretty random paranoia. Like any other accident, the trier of fact weighs the credibility of the witnesses. If you can take pictures of the scene, with say a camera phone, you can see where the bike and the debris lay, and it's not hard to speculate on what really happened. I'm more worried about the situation in reverse - bikers being victims of hit and runs. Bikers usually have nobody to back them up and often suffer from head trauma.

true. good point.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
That's pretty random paranoia. Like any other accident, the trier of fact weighs the credibility of the witnesses. If you can take pictures of the scene, with say a camera phone, you can see where the bike and the debris lay, and it's not hard to speculate on what really happened. I'm more worried about the situation in reverse - bikers being victims of hit and runs. Bikers usually have nobody to back them up and often suffer head trauma.

I guess everybody has cell phone cameras these days but if not, one can put one of those disposable cameras in the glove box just in case.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice socks.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one of the most common bike accidents on the road. 99% of motorcyclists, especially noobs, have stories about when they went up into "the twysties" and turned wide completely into the other lane, and how luckily there was no car coming. Otherwise they would have ate it. Like this guy.

edit: additional funnyz: his shoe has already come off his left foot by the time of the first frame.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or this lucky guy:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. The fun starts about 0:11 in. --Andre

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is the "Tail of the Dragon", a famous motorcycling road in Georgia, and there's a guy who sits there all the time taking pictures of riders. I can't remember his name, but if you look him up you'll find the site. I think he sells the pics to the riders as souvenirs or something, as it's kind of a destination for motorcyclists.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads