• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most baller house in your area...aerial or street view shots

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"in your area" needs to be qualified. 20 minutes from where i'm at could be Hollywood Hills or Compton. so i say either 15-20 minute walk or 5-10 minute drive. with that standard, many of the homes in San Marino, CA and southeast Pasadena would definitely qualify as baller status.
-Jeff

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ClambakeSkate
Is that a hockey rink? What do people do with houses this big, seriously? Unless all of their extended family lives in the house and they have like 20 kids, what's the point? I'm sure they don't go in certain rooms for years at a time...
+1. I'm a big fan of architecture and I would not be a fan of having rooms upon rooms collecting dust.
Originally Posted by gamelan
"in your area" needs to be qualified. 20 minutes from where i'm at could be Hollywood Hills or Compton. so i say either 15-20 minute walk or 5-10 minute drive. with that standard, many of the homes in San Marino, CA and southeast Pasadena would definitely qualify as baller status. -Jeff
+1. I live in Los Feliz and I figured I should have to restrain myself to Los Feliz and Silverlake. I am fairly certain I can find nothing comparable. Even going through Beverly Hills I'd have to search hard to be in the Top 5 in this thread. The houses posted are enormous... I'd have to go to Beverly Glen. Definitely not "my area".

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
"in your area" needs to be qualified. 20 minutes from where i'm at could be Hollywood Hills or Compton. so i say either 15-20 minute walk or 5-10 minute drive. with that standard, many of the homes in San Marino, CA and southeast Pasadena would definitely qualify as baller status.
-Jeff

gamble house

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-Jeff

Biked around the 'hill' in San Marino and damn...some of those places are nuts. I live near Rancho Santa Fe, CA and I think San Marino has us beat..

Made in California

Reaction score

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I grew up 3 farms aways from the Delhi residence/'farm house' of Atul Punj, chairman of Punj Lloyd around 10 acres, 2 tennis courts, 3 swimming pools etc. Value of land should be around 40 million USD. Value of construction is probably zero because whoever buys it will tear it down and as such no one pays any value to the construction here in Delhi.
Forbes India's Richest #67 Atul Punj 11.18.09, 09:30 PM EST Net Worth: $785 million Age: 52 Marital Status: Separated, 1 child Hometown: Delhi Converted family's ailing construction business into $2.6 billion (revenues) Punj Lloyd, among India's leading engineering companies; has an order backlog of $5.5 billion. Specializes in building oil pipelines and has operations in 17 countries. Subsidiaries include Simon Carves in the UK, Sembawang Engineers & Constructors in Singapore and a joint venture with Saudi royal Prince Khalid Bin Bandar Bin Sultan. Other interests include shipbuilding and defense equipment. Punj Lloyd has a stake in Pipavav Shipyard, which raised $105 million in an IPO in September. Works out everyday. Takes an annual ski vacation in the French Alps.
punj.jpg

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An Indian couple went broke building a palacial monstrosity on some prime land near where i live
510583-oswal-premises.jpg

photo doesnt really show the scale of the place

his wife is hot and wanted to start a chain of vegetarian fast food restuarants
frown.gif
poor Oswals

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
An Indian couple went broke building a palacial monstrosity on some prime land near where i live
510583-oswal-premises.jpg
photo doesnt really show the scale of the place his wife is hot and wanted to start a chain of vegetarian fast food restuarants
frown.gif
poor Oswals

damn, daddy warbucks. 90210? watched that thing go up when i was at ucla. did they ever finish?
Originally Posted by Made in California
What's that you say
gamble house is insane, and it was just a vacation house.

turboman808

Reaction score
Nice to be reminded just how poor us poor people are. And by others measuring sticks I am pretty successful. These guys are in a whole other league.
eh.gif

chas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
This one is right near me. It belongs to the wife of Bill Davidson (billionaire owner of the Pistons and Guardian Industries who died a couple of years ago): http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=r2w...63970825&sty=b I remember looking at some public information a few years ago and this particular house had the highest assessment of any residential property in the County.

I don't really know what the house looks like besides from the air because I cannot see anything from the road when I drive/run past. But if it's anything like 80% of the rest of the houses right there (especially slightly to the east), it's probably pretty darn nice.

I remember when that house was being built. My friend used to own a lawn service and cut the lot.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i grew up in Rhode Island... so I guess all the Newport Mansions are counted right?

a lot of those places/surrounding areas are haunted as **** though... say what you want about poltergeist but when ever you build over indian grounds there will be haunting and scary **** happening..

and all of the Rhode Island coastal areas is former indian lands.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hannerhan
That architecture just seems way out of place in Southhampton. Who owns it?

The house is in Bridgehampton, it is owned by Ira Rennert. Strongly opposed by the town, but was able to build anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics