1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Most baller house in your area...aerial or street view shots

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Hannerhan, Feb 16, 2011.

1. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

but the criticism of them is often twisted and exaggerated, just as the personalities and actions of fine artists often are. for example,

I'm wondering where that came from. I've heard from numerous lectures and textbooks about the practical inadequacy of the design.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

3. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

I'm wondering where that came from. I've heard from numerous lectures and textbooks about the practical inadequacy of the design.

first site that came up when i googled it, and it fit the point i wanted to make [​IMG]

where is it referenced the way you describe? would be interested to read texts on that subject with examples.

4. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

wow, the most baller private home in my area is comparatively peasant status.
    http://homesoftherich.net/2009/05/on...rlotte-nc.html [​IMG] [​IMG] the Duke Mansion is in my zip code, but is a bed & breakfast. http://www.zillow.com/homes/400-Herm...rlotte,-nc_rb/ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

6. gamelan

gamelan Well-Known Member

"in your area" needs to be qualified. 20 minutes from where i'm at could be Hollywood Hills or Compton. so i say either 15-20 minute walk or 5-10 minute drive. with that standard, many of the homes in San Marino, CA and southeast Pasadena would definitely qualify as baller status.
    -Jeff

7. Made in California

Made in California Well-Known Member

Is that a hockey rink? What do people do with houses this big, seriously? Unless all of their extended family lives in the house and they have like 20 kids, what's the point? I'm sure they don't go in certain rooms for years at a time...
    +1. I'm a big fan of architecture and I would not be a fan of having rooms upon rooms collecting dust.
    "in your area" needs to be qualified. 20 minutes from where i'm at could be Hollywood Hills or Compton. so i say either 15-20 minute walk or 5-10 minute drive. with that standard, many of the homes in San Marino, CA and southeast Pasadena would definitely qualify as baller status. -Jeff
    +1. I live in Los Feliz and I figured I should have to restrain myself to Los Feliz and Silverlake. I am fairly certain I can find nothing comparable. Even going through Beverly Hills I'd have to search hard to be in the Top 5 in this thread. The houses posted are enormous... I'd have to go to Beverly Glen. Definitely not "my area".

8. mordecai

"in your area" needs to be qualified. 20 minutes from where i'm at could be Hollywood Hills or Compton. so i say either 15-20 minute walk or 5-10 minute drive. with that standard, many of the homes in San Marino, CA and southeast Pasadena would definitely qualify as baller status.
    -Jeff

gamble house

9. longskate88

longskate88 Well-Known Member

-Jeff

Biked around the 'hill' in San Marino and damn...some of those places are nuts. I live near Rancho Santa Fe, CA and I think San Marino has us beat..

10. Made in California

Made in California Well-Known Member

gamble house

What's that you say

11. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

I grew up 3 farms aways from the Delhi residence/'farm house' of Atul Punj, chairman of Punj Lloyd around 10 acres, 2 tennis courts, 3 swimming pools etc. Value of land should be around 40 million USD. Value of construction is probably zero because whoever buys it will tear it down and as such no one pays any value to the construction here in Delhi.
    Forbes India's Richest #67 Atul Punj 11.18.09, 09:30 PM EST Net Worth: $785 million Age: 52 Marital Status: Separated, 1 child Hometown: Delhi Converted family's ailing construction business into $2.6 billion (revenues) Punj Lloyd, among India's leading engineering companies; has an order backlog of $5.5 billion. Specializes in building oil pipelines and has operations in 17 countries. Subsidiaries include Simon Carves in the UK, Sembawang Engineers & Constructors in Singapore and a joint venture with Saudi royal Prince Khalid Bin Bandar Bin Sultan. Other interests include shipbuilding and defense equipment. Punj Lloyd has a stake in Pipavav Shipyard, which raised $105 million in an IPO in September. Works out everyday. Takes an annual ski vacation in the French Alps.
    [​IMG]

12. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Well-Known Member

An Indian couple went broke building a palacial monstrosity on some prime land near where i live
    [​IMG]
    photo doesnt really show the scale of the place

his wife is hot and wanted to start a chain of vegetarian fast food restuarants [​IMG] poor Oswals

13. mordecai

An Indian couple went broke building a palacial monstrosity on some prime land near where i live [​IMG] photo doesnt really show the scale of the place his wife is hot and wanted to start a chain of vegetarian fast food restuarants [​IMG] poor Oswals
    damn, daddy warbucks. 90210? watched that thing go up when i was at ucla. did they ever finish?
    What's that you say
    gamble house is insane, and it was just a vacation house.

14. turboman808

turboman808 Well-Known Member

Nice to be reminded just how poor us poor people are. And by others measuring sticks I am pretty successful. These guys are in a whole other league. [​IMG]

15. chas

chas Well-Known Member

This one is right near me. It belongs to the wife of Bill Davidson (billionaire owner of the Pistons and Guardian Industries who died a couple of years ago): http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=r2w...63970825&sty=b I remember looking at some public information a few years ago and this particular house had the highest assessment of any residential property in the County.

I don't really know what the house looks like besides from the air because I cannot see anything from the road when I drive/run past. But if it's anything like 80% of the rest of the houses right there (especially slightly to the east), it's probably pretty darn nice.

I remember when that house was being built. My friend used to own a lawn service and cut the lot.

16. Hannerhan

Hannerhan Well-Known Member

17. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

i grew up in Rhode Island... so I guess all the Newport Mansions are counted right?

a lot of those places/surrounding areas are haunted as shit though... say what you want about poltergeist but when ever you build over indian grounds there will be haunting and scary shit happening..

and all of the Rhode Island coastal areas is former indian lands.

18. Beckwith

Beckwith Well-Known Member

That architecture just seems way out of place in Southhampton. Who owns it?

The house is in Bridgehampton, it is owned by Ira Rennert. Strongly opposed by the town, but was able to build anyway.

19. spencers

spencers Well-Known Member

The interior of the house conne posted is fugly.

Yeah, drop ceilings in the game room? wtf!