• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mordecai's honeymoon thread

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Motel One Alexanderplatz. Not expensive, kind of like staying inside an ikea showroom. Close to the bus which takes like 20-30 minutes to TXL.

http://www.motel-one.com/en/hotels/berlin/hotel-berlin-alexanderplatz/#t=hotelinfo

Is this a real recommendation? I never know with you. Price is good and it's close to Museum Island. Everything in Berlin that I've seen pictures of look like an Ikea showroom.

Yes. :eh:

Confirmation
Dear Mr. K**
Thank you very much for booking at Motel One. Please find below your booking confirmation.
Please take note of your Reservation Number and use it in case of modification / cancellation.
Your shopping cart number is: nc_3418724

Your Bookings
Motel One Berlin-Alexanderplatz

Dircksenstrasse 36
10179 Berlin
Telephone: 49-30-20054080

Reservation No. ****323

Arrival/Check-in Nov 13,2009
Check-in after 03:00 PM Guest Name
Mr. **
Departure/Check-out Nov 18,2009
Check-out before 12:00 PM

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Thanks!

My impression of you comes mainly from the food forum, where I think many of your posts are obscure inside jokes for egullet readers.

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And all along I thought it was actually that most of my eG posts are obscure inside jokes for SF readers.

ETA: I only read this subsection of the forvm.

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I couldn't take eGullet for more than a week.

Does the bus run early? Our flight leaves 9:30AM so we have to get there probably by a little after 7? I was thinking we should stay right by the airport but that seems like an awful way to end our trip. Would rather leave a little earlier an stay in the city.

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can only eG once or twice a week for about 10 minutes. It is truly a cesspool. I think I have 10 posts on 2 accounts the entire year there. Mainly trying to razz Max.

Okay, found my itinerary in gmail. Made this no problem, and I kind of remember that I was pissed that I got on the bus too early. (The airport kind of sucks).

Wednesday, November 18, 2009
US Airways
Flight 5759
Nonstop
Operated by Lufthansa Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Depart: Tegel, Berlin, DE (TXL) @ 9:15am
Arrive: Franz Josef Strauss, Munich, DE (MUC) @ 10:25am

This looks new-http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/17131/name/JetExpressBus+TXL.html

I think I took like bus 100 or something evenly numbered like that.

Last edited:

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it. This flight will be to Los Angeles so we'll get there earlier, but yeah I've heard Tegel is awful.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not to thread jack, but has anyone in here been to croatia or mallorca?

I was looking into mexico for my may honeymoon, but weather seems like its turning towards cloudy rainy in many spots, so Im looking to the Mediteranian as a option.

Mallorca looks amazing, wondering if it will be busy in may, and well croatia I think is perfect, just a bit of legwork to get to from the west coast. Could be the trip of a lifetime so why not go for it, thats why credit cards and ambien were invented.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
A bunch of photos off my phone, volume 1-Rome to Orvieto. Lots of gaps since I was using a proper camera half the time or because all the photos have me or my wife in them. If you want to know what or where any of these were taken I'm happy to answer:

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
What's the story on the tables set in what looks like a cave?

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
The lower level of that restaurant was in a cave, which also continues further down into the mountain I guess. It was in the hilltop city shown in the first photo of that set, and it has never had any cars in it. If you enlarge the photo you can see the way in is a pedestrian bridge. A lot of these Umbrian hilltop cities filled up fast and the inhabitants began building down. In the case of Civita, which still has many Etruscan structures, the caves have accelerated the decay of the mountain and the city is slowly falling off the cliff. I ordered lamb meatballs with borage and Genevieve got pork with juniper here. Pretty much all the wine we drank in Umbria was from Montefalco.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Pretty fascinating. That's for sharing some incredible pics.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I don't have photos but we also ate at the one Michelin starred restaurant in Umbria, Il Postale. One or two of the things were a little too out there, Genevieve's first course included parmesan "snow" and mine had pickled foie gras, but the rest of the meal was delicious and very Bras-looking. More photos in a while.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Beautiful.

Did you rent an apartment?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads