1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Mordecai's honeymoon thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by mordecai, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

How is it that you speak Italian and she doesn't?

I enjoyed the pics as you posted them, looked like you guys had a special trip.

2. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

sti cazzi.

Some friends teased me today for posting photos while we were there, but it was nice to be able to feel a little connected to people back home. Plus it poured on us half of every day, so we had down time here and there.

3. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing- looks like a great trip

4. marblehouse

marblehouse Well-Known Member

+ 1. Hope you had a good time mordecai. Trip sounds great - I recognize some of those pics from years ago.

Shuffled through umbria and was in civita when I was too young to appreciate it - spent the whole trip giddy to be legally trying wine, enamored with an attractive divorcee on the trip.

A little late to the party, but did you stay in Italy? I read initially you were considering slovenia, dubrovnik, etc.

5. philosophe

philosophe Well-Known Member

6. philosophe

philosophe Well-Known Member

Pio, you'd probably be fine. We traveled in Turkey, and Turkish, compared to Italian, is totally indecipherable.

1 person likes this.
  7. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    just add an "a" or an "o" to anything you say. speak VERY LOUDLY. and gesture a lot with your hands. you'll fit right in.

8. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

While grabbing the ass of any women under the age of 40. Apparently you get bonus points if they are not of legal age or in plain sight of their husband or father.

1 person likes this.
  9. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

Welcome back and congrats!. Don't know how I missed this. You know what I think of these to Berninis in particular (and also Poseidon the Rapist).

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  10. mordecai

Thanks a lot. The fountain with the Bernini turtles was I think the first we saw. It was our first night there and a friend we met for drinks walked us there after a stroll through the Jewish Ghetto. That part of the city was mostly empty and it was kind of amazing how unimposing it was just sitting in that small square.

11. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

I withhold my love for that fountain because 1) it is not potable and 2) the turtles were add-ons and not part of the original design.

12. mordecai

The fountain may not be potable but god I love those little drinking spouts everywhere.