• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro 702 Contest

mr chorizo

Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been getting some good wear on my BOM003….I think getting ready for a dry clean or wash.

any thoughts as to what the right way to go is? I'm tempted to just throw them in the wash.

Washing machine is perfectly fine. They'll shrink if you didn't already soak them before wearing, but that's what unsanforized denim does.

Cold water, little agitation, inside out (if you don't want as much indigo loss), hang dry.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Washing machine is perfectly fine. They'll shrink if you didn't already soak them before wearing, but that's what unsanforized denim does.

Cold water, little agitation, inside out (if you don't want as much indigo loss), hang dry.

I've always hung dry because "I was told to" but I'd like to know the reasons why putting raw denim in the dryer is not recommended. Aside from the shrinkage, what other reasons? Is it because you could get unnatural creasing/fades where the creasing/folding occurs?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've always hung dry because "I was told to" but I'd like to know the reasons why putting raw denim in the dryer is not recommended.  Aside from the shrinkage, what other reasons?  Is it because you could get unnatural creasing/fades where the creasing/folding occurs?

Less shrinkage is the main reason. Tumble dry cycle will also soften the denim considerably and change its texture.

Rightyow77

Reaction score
that and it does a number on the color also. Unless you don't mind, which i don't I tumble dry almost all my jeans. As for un wanted creasing/ fading, if you don't already use dryer bags that helps out a lot.

mr chorizo

Reaction score

mr chorizo

Reaction score

Here are the befores…...

ponderring

Reaction score
oh man, havent' been on this thread for a while (my life has severely taken a turn for the worse, haven't been online as much)

but your guys' jawns are looking amazing!!! i gave my 003's their first soak awhile back, i'll post pictures when i get back to my computer.

i also got some elephant 2's that i started wearing a fair amount, so the progress on my 003's kind of plateued. still my favorite jeans though.

Somar

Reaction score
Where is everybody!?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads