• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arrived earlier this week

89PJBl.jpg

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes very pleased.

I actually only own C&J shoes and the comparison seems quite accurate. I wear a UK 11E in pretty much all C&J lasts and these fit perfect in an 11. The quality seems comparable to benchgrade but not quite to handgrade.

The finishing is not as good - there is dye on the inside of the shoes a little and on the underside of the strap but this doesn't bother me at all.

Can't really be beaten at this price. Suede wholecuts next... :slayer:

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this will help with the MTO process
- In our MTO program customers can choose:

Style
Last
Upper leather
Lining leather
Sole option: (Single/double leather channeled sole, Full rubber sole)
Sole finishing
Edge finishing
Construction(Hand sewn goodyear, partial norvegesse + wooden pegs on the waist or full norvegesse)

- The leathers available for the 'Linea Maestro' MTO, at the moment are:

- Naturcalf from Tannerie d'Anonnay(France): Dark brown, Light brown(Cuero), Tan, Burgundy or Navy
- Freudenberg Calf from Weinheimer Leder(Germany): Black
- Janus Calf Suede from C.F.Stead(England): Black, Dark Brown, Snuff
- Shell Cordovan(Argentina): Dark brown, Burgundy, Light brown(Cuero), Black
- Stingray*: Black, Navy, Purple, Orange, Green, Brown, Burgundy.

*[Some styles may not be produced in all of the stingray colors, due to the size of the hides]

- Lining options available: Black, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Red, Orange, Navy, Dark green, Navy or Purple.

- Edge finishing: Matching with upper, natural, a contrasting color,...

- 'Planta Paloma' finishing options: Possibility of choosing two different colors for the sole finishing.(One for the waist are, and one for the front area)

- If we have to make a 'new' last (new width) (Because currently we don't have, produced, different widths for our lasts) the cost for the MTO is 70€ over the regular price of the shoe (250€ for hand-sewn goodyear and 350€ for the norvegesse pairs).
- If we can use a standard last the cost for the MTO is 50€ over the regular price of the shoe (250€ for hand-sewn goodyear and 350€ for the norvegesse pairs).

- All the prices given above are for Calf and suede shoes. 270€ for boots.
- Shell Cordovan price is 290€ + MTO costs. - 370€ boots.
- Stingray pairs are 250€ above the base price.
(All prices have VAT incl)

- Usually the production time for the MTO's is about 12-14 weeks.

[Note that MTO process allow our customers to choose any style (Classic Collection or Linea Maestro) but constructed and finished to our Linea Maestro standards (Leather, constructions, finishing,...), because of that the starting price is the one of the Linea Maestro and not the one for the Classic Collection.]

I hope that the information given above will be useful to you.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Pepe Albaladejo

I am now trying to decide between suede and cordovan and will order my pair tomorrow :D

kungapa

Reaction score
I might be seeing a pair of navy stingray double monks at some time in the near future for myself.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
depends on customs, but shouldn't be a problem, usually takes a week

All, from the time of this post yesterday night, I spoke with Jose, he fitted me (via a traced image I PDF'd to him) and assured me I would have my order before the 22nd. We went back and forth maybe 4 times start to finish. Very easy and quick.

I'm going to give the double monks a shot.

If the finished product is anything close to the service, this is the next big thing - better get em while you can.

Last edited:

fungz0r

Reaction score
Yep, I paid on friday and should have them tomorrow according to Fedex, great service

david3558

Reaction score
All, from the time of this post yesterday night, I spoke with Jose, he fitted me (via a traced image I PDF'd to him) and assured me I would have my order before the 22nd. We went back and forth maybe 4 times start to finish. Very easy and quick.

I'm going to give the double monks a shot.

If the finished product is anything close to the service, this is the next big thing - better get em while you can.

That's exactly what I did via traced image!

Here's to hoping they don't raise their prices - I'd love to be able to own a comprehensive collection. Anyone still remember when Indy's could be had for under $300? That wasn't too long ago... :(

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's exactly what I did via traced image!
Here's to hoping they don't raise their prices - I'd love to be able to own a comprehensive collection. Anyone still remember when Indy's could be had for under $300? That wasn't too long ago...
frown.gif
It's only a matter of time. I bet you they are already being contacted by brokers who want to bring them to the states in retail. 200 USD for what many are calling CJ grade? Shipped!?

If the monks are rad, I plan to buy 4 additional styles and maybe some shell.

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's only a matter of time. I bet you they are already being contacted by brokers who want to bring them to the states in retail. 200 USD for what many are calling CJ grade? Shipped!?

They are indeed, including myself for the Australian market. I have been conversing with Pepe quite a bit and have a MTO pair in the works also, but rest assured they are not planning on running a wholesale program in the near future. I would imagine they need to be able to sustain the growth they are already getting in house first before they think about even more expansion.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They are indeed, including myself for the Australian market. I have been conversing with Pepe quite a bit and have a MTO pair in the works also, but rest assured they are not planning on running a wholesale program in the near future. I would imagine they need to be able to sustain the growth they are already getting in house first before they think about even more expansion.

Thanks for the update Charlie.

I believe if Meermin and their partners stay true to passing savings on to the consumer, and not trying to gain every margin point available, they will enjoy a steady stream of business forever. Their ceiling is almost unlimited direct if they can get build a strong ecommerce site and supporting system on the back end.

And when they go to market through brokers, I hope you all maintain what makes this brand great. Because, the value vs price position is very strong. I'm not ignoring shipping costs and regulation tariffs that might elevate cost a bit, I just hope the true position of this brand is maintained.

Mainly because I want 5 pairs of well made good looking shoes for a grand : - ) Kidding.

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the update Charlie.

I believe if Meermin and their partners stay true to passing savings on to the consumer, and not trying to gain every margin point available, they will enjoy a steady stream of business forever. Their ceiling is almost unlimited direct if they can get build a strong ecommerce site and supporting system on the back end.

And when they go to market through brokers, I hope you all maintain what makes this brand great.  Because, the value vs price position is very strong. I'm not ignoring shipping costs and regulation tariffs that might elevate cost a bit, I just hope the true position of this brand is maintained.

Mainly because I want 5 pairs of well made good looking shoes for a grand  : - ) Kidding.

No worries. There would be pluses and minuses depending on how much they want to grow. Remember the Spanish economy is rooted at the moment so they may take any kind of growth they can get in these times. Only selling through e-commerce and their couple of retail outlets only opens them up to a small percentage of the clients they could be reaching wordlwide (i.e Styleforum & Tumblr readers!). But who knows hey.

Certainly to work with a wholesale program they would need to keep the prices the same or perhaps even increase their own prices a bit, which I personally think are too cheap anyway. They could probably sell the classic line at 180-190 EU and the LM at $280 and they would still be very popular. But for someone like myself or any other retailer, if I was going to put the pricing up beyond what they sell them for, I may as well stock Carmina instead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads