• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Finally wearing these guys. Olfe fits much better than I originally thought - basically perfect. Even more excited about the austerity boot now.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
fabulous shine

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you buy your laces? And are the dress laces (waxed and everything) or just normal laces

At Nordstrom's Rack for ~$3. They're not waxed. Waxed would definitely be an improvement.

Who are you crazed people who buy shoes then don't wear them!?
Haven't needed to dress up / stuck somewhere in closet makes it inconvenient to wear

This^. Once warm weather hit I've been dressing like a slob to work for comfort since I am habitually very warm. It was finally under 70 this morning, so I put on proper clothes and shoes. It's a very dressy make-up and requires an appropriate outfit.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
fabulous shine
Thanks!

ktown

Reaction score
What is your guys' opinion on a plain black cap toe Olfe lasted shoe as my go-to business/wedding/interview black shoe? I'm not sure if it's too pointy. I would eventually like to replace my black AE PA because it's just way too blobby and unattractive to my eyes now. I have a Hiro last double monk and the last doesn't work well with my foot (heel slippage, a little tight at the toes). I have a lace-up Olfe last shoe and it fit great out of the box and still feels good at 2-3 wears per week for 7+ months.

I may go with a C&J or Carmina model for my main black cap toe shoe if I don't go with Meermin.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black captoe Olfe would be the perfect shoe for the situations you described.

Agreed, it will be more elegant than the PA, without being offensive.

The Olfe last is fantastic.

Last edited:

Hifilover

Reaction score

Black captoe Olfe would be the perfect shoe for the situations you described.

Agreed, it will be more elegant than the PA, without being offensive.

The Olfe last is fantastic.

I have the same feeling. Once you are adopted to last of Carmina and Meermin, you will find shoes like PA too bulky. I have two pairs of Floreshim Kenmoor which are previously my favourites and I find them super bulky now....

e8487

Reaction score

Hi Guys, We hope you are doing well. Here are some pictures of some new styles which are going to be introduced soon into our Linea Maestro. We hope you like them! And many more to come soon! Thanks for your time. Best regards, - Meermin - [rule]

- [COLOR=417394]Meermin Mallorca Shoes[/COLOR] -

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: [COLOR=417394][email protected][/COLOR]
MTO inquiries please contact Pepe at: [COLOR=417394][email protected][/COLOR]​

[COLOR=417394]Facebook[/COLOR] · [COLOR=417394]Instagram[/COLOR] · [COLOR=417394]Tumblr[/COLOR] · [COLOR=417394]Twitter[/COLOR]​
Splendid newborns. Any further news about my dreamed navy blue monk you referred to as coming home soon? Thanks.

thatitalian

Reaction score
Does anyone own a pair of 9.5 UK Meermins with a shoes tree? I am ordering but am not sure what size tree to get, 8-9.5 or 10-11.

My gut obviously says 8-9.5 but I always like the shoe tree to fit very snugly and wanted to know how the tree fits.

Thanks!

jjl5000

Reaction score
I have these on order in UK9.5 with trees (size 8-9.5). The order is actually complete so I should have the shoes in the next week.

The shoes are also on the Olfe last (of which I have no experience) so the fit will be interesting. I can only hope my current experience with English shoe makers proves comparable:

EG 202/606 - UK 9.5 E
EG 82- UK 9 F
EG 888 - UK 9.5 E or F (F can be roomy)
C&J 337/358 - UK 9.5 E
G&G MH71 - UK 9.5 F
Lobb 7000/8000 - UK 9.5 E

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have these on order in UK9.5 with trees (size 8-9.5). The order is actually complete so I should have the shoes in the next week.

The shoes are also on the Olfe last (of which I have no experience) so the fit will be interesting. I can only hope my current experience with English shoe makers proves comparable:

EG 202/606 - UK 9.5 E
EG 82- UK 9 F
EG 888 - UK 9.5 E or F (F can be roomy)
C&J 337/358 - UK 9.5 E
G&G MH71 - UK 9.5 F
Lobb 7000/8000 - UK 9.5 E
Ah the navy Adelaides! So want them!

Austerity gang: 2 more weeks :(

Last edited:

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the update. Two more weeks and we'll have them :D or they will begin shipping?

The copper suede are one nice looking color.

Pepe quoted 10 days to 2 weeks but would try to get them out sooner. I expect that's when they'll start shipping. The copper suede are really nice! Shame its only 25 pairs

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads