• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Syeknom

Reaction score
Argh all of this is happening at such a poor time for me financially! Damn the slow Belgian government delaying my tax rebate so late.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Argh all of this is happening at such a poor time for me financially! Damn the slow Belgian government delaying my tax rebate so late.

Relatively expensive hobbie. Don't get on every group buy or MTO; you will soon realize your collection grew big but utilization low. And then the closet purging starts...

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

take on a loan. Interest rate is great these days (not srs).

I am also waiting for my tax return here in Germany...

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent response as ever TS! I don't recall you mentioning the standard trees not being included but as I was getting lasted ones I may just not have been paying attention!
I implore you to ignore any attempts by me to sign up to the plum group! My wife will kill me if I buy another pair of shoes.
(Secretly praying for monks to be chosen as I hate them anyway!!)
I'm happy to wait for the trees was just wondering if there was an eta update.
Cheers!

I am in for Plum, follow the leader :D

Pepe, needs to just order the leather to cut down the wait time. But I know he needs to make sound business decisions, but I doubt he would lose money on anything in Museum Calf. I have seen the responses on Instagram and Tumblr.

Last edited:

deelee

Reaction score
Have been eyeing the Carmina Adelaide for quite some time. Am in for the Plum Museum calf on the Adelaide model!

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wondered about that! Aren't LM/MTO shoes supposed to come with trees as standard?

Edit: "All MTO orders come with a pair of non lasted wooden shoe trees" from the MTO charge sheet

MTO shoes come with basic shoe trees, the Museum MTO came with lasted trees, in the Olfe Last, if you paid for them. Otherwise, they should come with standard trees.

As for Chukka, Arran is cool.

Wait so you guys are telling me I paid extra for trees when they should have been included!!!

Edit this is for my first mto not the recent onr

Last edited:

Zarium

Reaction score
I don't think this MTO includes shoe trees. We paid a LM-price for an MTO order with special leather. I don't know about individual MTOs though (those that cost 260 + 100 euros).

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plum Museum Calf MTO

I will be organizing the plum museum calf MTO. Let discussions on the style you guys want get started. So far, I think an adelaide and a single monk ala J.L Vale would be fantastic.

I think you're going to have to repeat this (4) more times before a decision is reached.
tongue.gif

Both sound like great options. I personally think the Vale would be amazing in plum calf, though I'm not sure I'm committed in this MTO.

rc121

Reaction score

I am interested in the navy naturcalf on the olfe last an I'm looking for some sizing advice. I wear an 8eee in AE 5 last and fits well, but is a little loose width-wise on other lasts. Are my feet too wide for the olfe last?

I sent a sizing question to meermin and luisa responded that I would be a 7.5uk on the Olfe last. I read on here that sometimes there sizing suggestions run on the larger size, do you guys think this is accurate or would a 7uk be better?

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I sent a sizing question to meermin and luisa responded that I would be a 7.5uk on the Olfe last. I read on here that sometimes there sizing suggestions run on the larger size, do you guys think this is accurate or would a 7uk be better?

You probably need to provide sizes you wear for other shoes in order for those sizes to serve as a reference point.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You probably need to provide sizes you wear for other shoes in order for those sizes to serve as a reference point.

I'd also maybe get actual (Brannock) size. You can provide this and they'll tell you your most appropriate size/last based on actual inside dimensions

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olfe fits pretty TTS and standard width (E UK, D US) IMO; maybe a touch long and narrow. 9 UK seems to be longer than 9.5 US in my experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads