• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish to see more often such a stunning silhouette, instead of those ridiculously skinny trousers.

View attachment 2140771
Looks great. Yes, it's bottom-heavy and not V-shaped, but I'm ok with that. It's a different silhouette.

What I think a lot of people miss on CM is how they think they look vs. how they actually look. Static robo-pose picture is not how we're seen the majority of the time.

Wide trousers like that look great when we're sitting down and walking, which is 90% of the average office warrior's day.

They have a literal flow to them when you walk.
Some great #workwear drops from RLPL's spring collection:

s7-1504058_alternate4

s7-1504058_alternate1

s7-1504060_alternate10
Whereas this is the opposite of trouser drape. It looks constricting while standing, and is guaranteed to cling when walking. 0 flow when walking or seated.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks great. Yes, it's bottom-heavy and not V-shaped, but I'm ok with that. It's a different silhouette.

What I think a lot of people miss on CM is how they think they look vs. how they actually look. Static robo-pose picture is not how we're seen the majority of the time.

Wide trousers like that look great when we're sitting down and walking, which is 90% of the average office warrior's day.

Whereas this is the opposite of trouser drape. It looks constricting while standing, and is guaranteed to cling when walking. 0 flow when walking or seated.
I've noticed this as well. When I do MTM, I get my usual size in the jacket, but essentially size up in the trousers to get a proper drape. Has worked out well so far.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree, but only in theory. I don't think those big billowy pants are going to look GOOD in any capacity, unless the wearer is a properly massive dude.

I also don't think those skimpy little RL suits look good at all. If I HAD to choose one option, I'd certainly go with the former.

As with most things, the middle is where the sensible outcomes exist.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s just outright bad fit. Fabrics and overall aesthetic is decent, but it’s like we’ve not moved on since 2009…

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s just outright bad fit. Fabrics and overall aesthetic is decent, but it’s like we’ve not moved on since 2009…
RL ads always have models wearing two sizes smaller than actual size. Would love to see a real fit in a real size

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, but only in theory. I don't think those big billowy pants are going to look GOOD in any capacity, unless the wearer is a properly massive dude.

I also don't think those skimpy little RL suits look good at all. If I HAD to choose one option, I'd certainly go with the former.

As with most things, the middle is where the sensible outcomes exist.
I'm firm on this one, but I see your POV. I've drank the 1990s Armani Kool-Aid. Billowy feels more dynamic.

armani-tonal-style-500x696.jpg

6237eca1f033b6c0e07aa7ade813387c.jpg

If I had to choose something more "moderate", I do like the look below, but it's still pretty close to the 40's trouser fit.
I'm glad we can agree.
gettyimages-1152906866_wide-2a1cbeed7ce0160efdb4359f6cfb2b86eb3f53db.jpg

AP_18163042099001.jpg

I'd take Kim's silhouette any day.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm firm on this one, but I see your POV. I've drank the 1990s Armani Kool-Aid. Billowy feels more dynamic.

armani-tonal-style-500x696.jpg

6237eca1f033b6c0e07aa7ade813387c.jpg

If I had to choose something more "moderate", I do like the look below, but it's still pretty close to the 40's trouser fit.

I'm glad we can agree.
gettyimages-1152906866_wide-2a1cbeed7ce0160efdb4359f6cfb2b86eb3f53db.jpg

AP_18163042099001.jpg

I'd take Kim's silhouette any day.

This is the perfect silhouette in my eyes.

Screenshot (1274).png

I would just raise the gorge and widen the lapel.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

funny enough I think my RLBL from 2008 (probably actually made for 2007 season, just a fire sale dump) has 8.25in leg opening on size 31. I remember it gets to like 7.5in in size 30 or even 7.25in by like 2014~2015? I quite like those earlier RLBL trousers, they are straight but bottom has this flare feel to it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics