• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Max Muscle Minimum time?

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bobdobalina
Is there any evidence for this in anything remotely resembling a peer-reviewed journal?

I'm pretty sure the importance of many small meals has been debunked. Wish I could find the studies.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's better, 3 meals consisting of 1,000 calories each or 6 meals at 500 calories each. If the 'small meal' thing has been debunked, than can someone show me a peer-reviewed article about the benefits of eating 3 HUGE meals?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
So what's better, 3 meals consisting of 1,000 calories each or 6 meals at 500 calories each. If the 'small meal' thing has been debunked, than can someone show me a peer-reviewed article about the benefits of eating 3 HUGE meals?
What? Nobody is saying there's a benefit to either. The point is, it doesn't really matter, but you just don't want to go 6 hours after waking before you eat something. What's hilarious is that 99% of people who ask this question aren't even remotely close to being in the kind of shape they need to be in to worry about little details. They'll ask if they should eat 5 meals a day or 6, and they're 50lbs overweight and 22% bf, and their routine sucks. Little details only matter when you're targeting lower body fat percentages, and even then it's arguable if you aren't competing.

turbozed

Reaction score
As long as you have your daily macros in line with your goals, I would say meal timing is insignificant.

I still make sure to get protein in PWO, and eat a nutritious meal early in the day though. Other than that, I eat when I'm hungry (which strangely is most intense late at night).

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
As long as you have your daily macros in line with your goals, I would say meal timing is insignificant.

I still make sure to get protein in PWO, and eat a nutritious meal early in the day though. Other than that, I eat when I'm hungry (which strangely is most intense late at night).

True. Eating 6 meals a day won't help if your macros are ****

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a fast metabolism and am hungry every 3 hours, give or take... so I eat. That's why I eat so much and so often.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will say that eating more small meals makes it easier for me to get my total calories in for the day.

It's also supposed to be a lot better for the digestive tract.

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
It's also supposed to be a lot better for the digestive tract.

Never really thought of that before. Can you tell me where you read this?

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I read it somewhere, that's why I tried it. Mostly it's from personal experience and from my doctor's experience/recommendation regarding gastrointestinal issues.

I'm drunk and tired from bowling. I'll try to remember to look up some articles tomorrow before work.

Chris2289

Reaction score
I think it depends what works for your and your schedule.

If you are finding eating 6 meals a day a real chore then cut it down to three. Or if you don't like to eat too much before or after a heavy work out cut the food in half.

Its all about what makes you feel best and how you respond to it. I personally prefer getting 4-5 meals a day which also means i avoid snacking.

But like i say, its really down to how you react and how you plan your workout

Produce It

Reaction score
OP..they invented Clen for this reason. There is no other way you can do it that quickly. Im at 9% with a six pack from hard work and clean diet.it takes time.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member